Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: looking for carry gun

Quote Originally Posted by michelle View Post
    People keep recommending the S&W Bodyguard .380 to me.
    My friend just bought one. He shot it for the first time when we went to the range caturday. He doesn't like it. I shot it and didn't like it. My girlfriend shot it and didn't like it. All for the same reason; it has the most awkward trigger. It doesn't fire until your trigger finger is in a very awkward and unnatural position. I'd check one over well and see how you feel about it before purchasing one.

Senior Member..now yer posting! bikedad's Avatar

I really like my Kahr CW9.
    I have about 500 rounds through it and not a hiccup. I shoot 9mm 124 grain NATO FMJ.
    Fits my hand well. 7+1 single stack and conceals comfortably. The cost was around $375 when I bought it a year ago.
    It does have a long trigger pull but that's due to it not having a safety. The one drawback would be it's fairly hard for some people to rack the slide. It got somewhat easier after 200 break in rounds. I don't have a problem with it but my wife can't do it. She has a Ruger LC9 with Crimson Trace that's easy for her to use.

BCM Cruiser
    If you want something cheap I have in stock a SCCY CPX2 for 240.00 plus tax and background. Its a 9mm not bad, its not a smith, but my customers looking for a cheap 9 love them and have had no problems. Comes with a lifetime warranty from SCCY and Davidsons..

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar

looking for carry gun

SCCY is just a rip off of kel-tec for the same price.

You could save up a few more bucks and look for a used Glock or M&P or even a compact revolver. You may have luck with something cheap or you may not, whether your life is worth the risk is up to you.
    Check out Fleet Farm in Germantown, they are cheaper than a lot of places, especially Gander Mountain Ripoff GunWorld.
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

This is what I have for my carry gun. Stew is right about the trigger pull. It has I believe a 3/4inch pull for what they say are safety reasons. But once you get used to it, you don't really notice it.
    "LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT"

'95 Rio Red Cobra 347 stroked SOLD!!
    '73 Mach 1 351 2v mostly stock
    '07 Harley Davidson Nightster 1200XLN SOLD!!
    '06 GMC Envoy (wifes DD)
    '03 Ford F150 XLT FX4 (DD)

I do really like the smith body guard and have shot more than one I would like to buy one but I wish they made it in a 9mm version so I keep going back to the ruger LC9 guess we will see what I can find in a few months when I have money again
    EMT/Fire fighters- " this ain’t a job. It ain’t an occupation. It’s a calling. A need. A desire that you feel in your bones and your brains and your nut-sack."Tommy Gavin(Denis Leary)

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar

looking for carry gun

As soon as the m&p shield .40s&w becomes more available (or available at all) I'm ditching my pf9 for carry.

<div class="imlinks"> <div class="popupmenu vehicleaction"> <a class="popupctrl" href="#"><strong>Vehicles</strong></a> <ul class="popupbody popuphover vehicleaction_body"> <li class="left"><a href="http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/garage_ve

Quote Originally Posted by Lash View Post
    As soon as the m&p shield .40s&w becomes more available (or available at all) I'm ditching my pf9 for carry.
    Or could be lucky like me. Brian cooper on here found me a shield .40 for my dad and I found a shield. 40 as well for myself. Look Into the spring field xds as well. Same size as the shield and shoots a .45. I have that gun and so does the reverend.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    2002 Trans AM Ws6 M6 Black on Black. Procharged
    2011 GMC Sierra All Terrain
    2009 Infiniti G37x

BCM Cruiser
    The name of the game is buy what you can afford. You can aways trade up. You can't buy an HK on a kel-tec budget. There are alot of good small carry guns. The 380 taurus TCP or Ruger LCP are good for the mid 200's. The XDS and M&P Shields are great. Im getting more in this week but they dont last long. The bodyguards are ok. I personally like something with the crimson trace. I like the activation as soon as I grab the gun. If your not in a hurry, save up some more money and buy what you want.

Gun world had the lc9 for $500 (with the laser.) Fleet and farm right down the road had the same one for $444. The girlfriend really likes them, but she also had her hands on a sccy cpx2 today and she liked it as well. Were hoping to find some place that has on or both for her to rent.

Gun world also had a used lc9 with a crimson trace laser for $600. Dude behind the counter was a total Dick when my girlfriend asked why the used one was $100 more. Don't think we'll be shopping there.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

looking for carry gun

My wife has one. She loves it. Its a nice size.
    86 Cutlass 455 Powered
    06 GMC Sierra Denali 6.0liter
    07 Harley Davidson XL1200 Nightster

Senior Member..now yer posting! bikedad's Avatar

I bought my wifes LC9 with Crimson Trace for $525 brand new at Gandolf Mountain.

I've seen guns over msrp at gun world. I think they sell to people that don't bother looking around at ANY place else. Place is a rip off.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Jamie

83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    joe is right XDs is where its at

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

Quote Originally Posted by bikedad View Post
    I bought my wifes LC9 with Crimson Trace for $525 brand new at Gandolf Mountain.
    Wow. Good job on paying OVER their advertised price on that.

Let's not turn this into a shit show

Youmustbenewhere.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by -stew- View Post
    Youmustbenewhere.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Jamie