Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Guy Intro

I figured I would give this a little update. I ran into a problem with the motor mounts, but got it figured out. That really limited the progress I could make since the motor was not sitting in its permanent location. Now that the motor is in I realized I do not want to separate the motor and trans every time I need to take it out so I am making my rad support removable. After that I will be able to measure how much driveshaft I need to shorten, start the brake booster relocation work and wiring.

In the mean time I painted my truck.

And now should be getting some parts for the CTS-V as well as a tune, lowering, and anti-wheel hop kit.

Welcome. Nice rides, and nice bike. I'm going to be getting into two wheels sometime soon, since I sold my 01' SS, I think its time to give 4 wheels a rest. No rocket for me though, looking cruiser. What do you think of WI so far?
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    One day we will have muscle cars again....
    -Jimmy E.

I like WI a lot. I grew up in Cleveland and it reminds me of a nicer version of that.

CTS-V is for sale by the way.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/4943966875.html

If I hadn't just picked up the G8 I would definitely be on that.. nice looking car.
    2006 M6 QSM GTO SOLD
    1993 Chevy K2500 SOLD

2004 Chevy Tahoe - Kid Hauler
    1999 Camaro Z28 - Traded
    2008 G8 GT - 'Dad' car

G8s are great cars congrats on your purchase.

Long time no post.

Car is running and man is it fun. Down side is the 4.10 diff and the .089 final drive trans don't get along with the tires (DRs) too well. I have a 2.93 on the way which should help.

Plan for the car was a track/street machine. I bought coilovers, BBK, big sticky tires, etc. One thing I didn't have was a roll cage and I found a decent deal on one locally so I jumped on it. Well, I went for a roll cage and walked out with a car - the guy was selling one of my dream cars (details later) and now this one is for sale.

My current plan is to rebuild my current over the winter. Redo the wiring, redo the brake lines, get the bumpers back on, get the interior back in, etc. I'd still like for that to be the timeline and sell it in the spring, but if anyone has any interest I'd be happy to show the car. I've got a TON of extra parts to go with it. Shoot me a text for more info or pictures. 614-915-5355

Welcome!
    HOT MERC

Thank you. Not too new at this point but I figured this wasn't worth starting a new thread over.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRX7Project View Post
    Ok?
    He is calling you out! He wants some of the Plymouth!
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    stew - continuing confirmation of the hypothesis that marbles aren't sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Jim you build... break... and rebuild cars faster than I can put one together.

Welcome!
    HOT MERC

Quote Originally Posted by Waver View Post
    He is calling you out! He wants some of the Plymouth!
    I think he'll win that one, the Plymouth is down and out. And the RX7 broke at the end of October like it did last year (carb started leaking gas this year- last year it popped a radiator hose AS I WAS PULLING IN TO PARK IT FOR THE WINTER!)

V8 swap is done. No problems after 500 miles on it. Will be officially listing it for sale within the week. Shoot me a text or call if you are interested in the build sheet. Will be asking $10,000 as it sits. 614-915-5355

Looks badass!!
    I offer online scheduling using BookFresh