I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar

Trap shooting and gun rental?

Alright, so I lucked into meeting a girl that would prefer some outdoors stuff over a fancy dinner. BONUS!

Anyways, thought a cool date would be to go trap shooting. I don't have anything to do that, so I'm hoping there might be a place that rents that stuff and has someone go along with you or help you a bit.

Any suggestions?

Chris

Ive got a mossberg 20 gauge you might be able to barrow its not good with long shots but its the girls shotgun and not being used a bunch. As far as ranges i'm not sure of any that rent guns or walk you through it. The one we went to in delevan seemed very nice as far as employee's go i'm sure some one would be able to help you thru your first time. It was also pretty cheap. Bring about 4 boxes of shells for each person and shoot 4 rounds wear ear plugs and safety glasses. Last time i went i forgot my ear plugs and my ears rang for a month
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    haha. i got all my hearing/eye protection from my normal range trips, just don't have a trap shooting type firearm. Don't really want to buy one for a trip or two

yea makes sense i spose try google? for ranges make some calls? If i hadn't lost my stoeger i'de let you take that i could hit clays just about after they started dropping way out in the field lol
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner

Post whore Lawn Pac Champion Irish's Avatar

Trap shooting and gun rental?

Chris, just buy a good used one on the cheap!

Waukesha Gun Club.
    I will sell you my Browning Citori XT Adjustable Trap 12ga w/Wood upgrades for the low low price of $2100.
    Owner of Sunset Self Storage LLC. LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED STORAGE. 24/7 access. No Contract length. Self Storage/Portable Storage/Vehicle Transport
    Thanks, Brad 262.751.9439

09 Cadillac CTS V Has some stuff done...
    05 Chevy Duramax: Best time in 4wd was 12.22 @ 108
    99 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic: Big Bore, Cams, tune.

Boxhorns on Muskego lake rented guns when I shot there years ago. I would give them a call to see if they still rent guns and also explain your situation to see if they would let you shoot by yourself to give you a chance to see how it's done. They usually can find time to help you as long as they aren't too busy.

Cuttin' trees like Paul Bunyan wheelsofsteel's Avatar
    Boxhorn in Muskego as mentioned above. Think their rate is like $1.50 a shell or something like that.
    Actually going tomorrow night to shoot night trap.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderPSI View Post
    Waukesha Gun Club.
    I will sell you my Browning Citori XT Adjustable Trap 12ga w/Wood upgrades for the low low price of $2100.
    Bet that fancy gun does nothing for your averages.. My 870, however, 24 average last year... I'll trade ya!
    1999 Pontiac T/A WS6
    2000 Chevy Z-28 vert
    2004 Yamaha 660 Raptor
    Numerous other toys...
    "Crap in one hand and hold out your other expecting "change". Which one fills up first? Thanks Obama, I don't think my hand will ever come clean"

That's an awesome average! I don't shoot trap nearly as much as I would like to. I would be lucky if I hit half lol, but at least I have a pretty gun to look at while I suck.
    Owner of Sunset Self Storage LLC. LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED STORAGE. 24/7 access. No Contract length. Self Storage/Portable Storage/Vehicle Transport
    Thanks, Brad 262.751.9439

09 Cadillac CTS V Has some stuff done...
    05 Chevy Duramax: Best time in 4wd was 12.22 @ 108
    99 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic: Big Bore, Cams, tune.

I went for my first time to Cudahy Sportsman's Club and there was a guy there nice enough to walk me through it. It's not hard to be OK at skeet. It is hard to be consistent.

I would like to know more about Waukesha Gun Club though, I pass it all the time on the way to work.

Also, if you go out to Eagle (McMiller) you can skeet shoot all day with a day pass. Just bring a box (or two) of targets and ammo and a second person. One person shoots while the other one works the thrower.