any use for a 1999 75000btu high efficiency furnace? Question for HVAC guys

I am having one of my gas furnaces replaced later this week since I remodeled this past spring - It works just fine, but has some light corrosion on the interior from a previous a/c unit leak. Perfect operational condition though. The model is Armstrong Ultra SX 90. I just had it tuned up, its still at 89% efficiency and heating my home as we speak. Would this furnace be worth anything to anybody? Is it worth trying to sell this thing?? If so, how much should I ask for it? Thanks in advance!

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    Doubtful you will get much for it Gino but you could try? Everyone wants mega high efficient units now. And most wouldn't want it for the garage either (rafter/ceiling mount is preferred).
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

Quote Originally Posted by jbiscuit View Post
    Doubtful you will get much for it Gino but you could try? Everyone wants mega high efficient units now. And most wouldn't want it for the garage either (rafter/ceiling mount is preferred).
    Yep that's what I fugured. I was just going to give it away if someone wanted it otherwise ill have the tech take it away.

BCM Cruiser
    You could also donate it to the habitat re-store as well.

Could probably recycle it for some coin. Maybe not much but still something.

Doubtful anyone wants a 89%er now. To donate to charity, I'd say not really likely they'd even want it. I only say this because my neighbor went on state heat assistance and the state gave him a new water heater, furnace, a/c coil (because they screwed up his original), new windows,and insulation in the attic/basement before they'd LET him get free heat. Anyone needing a free or used furnace is probably on state assistance anyway and is probably getting or has a new one for free. Thank you taxpayers, lol.

Thanks guys, furnace is spoken for when it's removed.

At my work we have a graveyard of 90% furnaces, seeing its 2012 a TON of early 90% furnaces are hitting there expectancy and are being replaced.

But believe it or not you could get an easy $100-$300 for it on craigs list !
    HVAC...
    Neons...
    House music...

Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    - More naked bitches