The best gun is a FREE gun(for legal purpose, he sold it to me for $2).
....And NO, it doesn't have a body on it or the serial numbers filed off....those are BAD free guns.
Anyways

Even though I haven't been in a great financial situation, a friend of mine was in a worse place (former 3 tour vet with PTSD from getting blown up and shot). Between his medical problems and everything else (Even with the gov't paying for most), he ran into the red-tape of government. You have to PAY to file GI bill etc...Well for about 6 months, I've done my best to support myself and help him out a bit when I can so he can finish his degree. Well he finally got his paperwork accepted and has his school and living covered for a while, so he's over the hill so to speak. He decided that owning a gun wasn't the best thing right now, and as a thank you for helping him, he passed along his brand new never fired Taurus 738, Holster, and over 50rnds of Hornady. Its a great little pocket pistol and the .38 cal gets the job done. I guess decent things happen when you help people sometimes.

I'll post pics when he stops back over with the case etc, wanted to share the little story with the group.