Thread: Raider Helmet

Raider Helmet

Are Raider helmets descent?

I'm kind of worried it may be a "you get what you pay for" ($75) thing. Only FF was open on Sunday, so it's the only helmet I have tried on so far. My Bell car helmet for track days doesn't quite fit as well as I would like it to for wearing it on a bike.

Planning on trying other brands on this week, but the Raider one fit really well (and bonus, matched my bike!).

I checked the helmet thread in here, but didn't see anybody post up a Raider helmet.
    --Michelle--

Quote Originally Posted by Myles View Post
    Who let you out of the kitchen.
    Quote Originally Posted by -stew- View Post
    Fucking burn!!!! He's gonna have to change his name to Waver... cuz he just got neutered.

Re: Raider Helmet

Youre right in saying you get what you pay for.

I don't know much about raider as a brand so I can't speak from experience but at that price point I would keep looking.

If youre looking to go cheaper you can get a decent hjc, scorpion, or speed and strength for under 200.

I'm going to check out a few powersport places this week to at least try on different brands and models. I see plenty of good deals online right now, but I am not going to order based on some sizing diagram when it comes to something as important as a helmet.
    --Michelle--

Fucking burn!!!! He's gonna have to change his name to Waver... cuz he just got neutered.

<div class="imlinks"> <div class="popupmenu vehicleaction"> <a class="popupctrl" href="#"><strong>Vehicles</strong></a> <ul class="popupbody popuphover vehicleaction_body"> <li class="left"><a href="http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/garage_ve
    Fuel Motorsports in West Bend has a lot of nice helmets. Don't go cheap on the thing that can save your head.
    2002 Trans AM Ws6 M6 Black on Black. Procharged
    2011 GMC Sierra All Terrain
    2009 Infiniti G37x

Sportbike track gear has Scorpion helmets for a great price this time of year. Sizes are limited though.

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com...O-1000+Helmets

I have used a Raider on my atv
    Last edited by WI_Dave; 10-09-2012 at 08:34 AM.
    2002 F150 supercrew- st8 pipe, SCT-3 w/custom tunes
    1999 Yamaha RoadStar Silverado
    2002 Honda vtx1800 - exhaust, programmer, hypercharger, lowered
    97.5 Regal GS - some small mods. (Grandpa's Sleeper)
    52 MG TD Replica VW powered ​FOR SALE

Senior Member..now yer posting! outlawgibbs's Avatar
    Also check out newenough.com. I think they changed there name but that should still get you there

Senior Member..now yer posting! SSScottSS's Avatar
    I've seen those helmets at F&F, and I honestly would never use one. I'm not into big $$ helmets, but as posted go for a HJC, Scorpion, etc. Go try some on at local shops and see what fits and what kind of deals they have compared to places like Sportbike Track Gear. If they are close, I say support your local store, but if they cannot compete, then click your way to savings.

Went to four different stores (Fuel, Cedar Creek, Southeast Sales, and Ride) to try on different brands and types of helmets. Ended up ordering a Bell Vortex tonight online in the graphics/color scheme I wanted. Was glad I could try on the Vortex earlier today before ordering.

Also ordered a jacket with armor and all that.

Should be pretty fly by the end of the week! Except for getting those silly wisdom teeth out....
    --Michelle--

Quote Originally Posted by michelle View Post
    Went to four different stores (Fuel, Cedar Creek, Southeast Sales, and Ride) to try on different brands and types of helmets. Ended up ordering a Bell Vortex tonight online in the graphics/color scheme I wanted. Was glad I could try on the Vortex earlier today before ordering.

Also ordered a jacket with armor and all that.

Should be pretty fly by the end of the week! Except for getting those silly wisdom teeth out....
    I have one of those, great helmet,

Their extremely comfortable and breathe fairly well on longer rides.

Definitely a good choice!

Car helmet is a Bell, so I felt a bit loyal to the brand since I had some experience. Heard good things in reviews and when I tried some on, it felt the best.
    --Michelle--

I'll touch your apex PureSound15's Avatar

Raider Helmet

You have brand loyalty for the helmet you wear in a family sedan that you don't race?

Makes sense.

My dad and uncle have always had Bell helmets in SCCA racing for as long as I can remember. That's where I get the brand loyalty, plus my personal experience with a quality helmet manufacturer. I don't own any other brand personally.

But yes, I took the year off and the family sedan never saw any "racing" this year. Thanks for the reminder.
    --Michelle--

Re: Raider Helmet

Quote Originally Posted by WI_Dave View Post
    Sportbike track gear has Scorpion helmets for a great price this time of year. Sizes are limited though.

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com...O-1000+Helmets

I have used a Raider on my atv
    That's where I got my helmet. I have am exo400

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

I got my exo 700 there last year. This is a great price for a 1000
    2002 F150 supercrew- st8 pipe, SCT-3 w/custom tunes
    1999 Yamaha RoadStar Silverado
    2002 Honda vtx1800 - exhaust, programmer, hypercharger, lowered
    97.5 Regal GS - some small mods. (Grandpa's Sleeper)
    52 MG TD Replica VW powered ​FOR SALE

My helmet and jacket came today!

--Michelle--