Thread: Got a buck!!

Got a buck!!

I shot an 8 pointer, dressed just over 200lbs sat. night near crivitz. I had a 3 pt under me, a 4 pt 10 yards behind me, and I shot this guy at 5 yards. The damn shot was longer from my stand to the ground than from my tree out, lol. It's about damn time. I've been bowhunting for about 13 years passionately and this is only my second buck....but...to my credit, I've held a strict 8 pts or outside the ear rule on myself. I've passed up on a TON of 6's and 7's and even more forks. I always see at least 6-10 deer each time I go out, but they are normally the does or small bucks. All the mature bucks we get on camera are almost always after dark...and we got some monsters around. I have seen a few here and there but no shots.

The best part of all this, is not only was one of my stepsons up there to experience it, this weekend was the first time in 6 years of being with the wife, that she has come up with me. She was soooo happy to see me so happy. I was glad she got to see how passionate I am with something besides cars up close and personal. She even helped load it into the gator. The funny part is that she was supposed to come out to video for me, but didn't feel good(woman thing), if she would've come out, we would've sat in a different stand that we could both fit in. Weird how things work out...
    "LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT"

'95 Rio Red Cobra 347 stroked SOLD!!
    '73 Mach 1 351 2v mostly stock
    '07 Harley Davidson Nightster 1200XLN SOLD!!
    '06 GMC Envoy (wifes DD)
    '03 Ford F150 XLT FX4 (DD)

Post whore
    Nice man, did he drop right away or did you have to track him a little. I hunt up in crivitz too and last year I didn't see any good older bucks. Maybe this is gonna be a good year for my dad and me. I also set standards when hunting. I won't shoot a younger buck. Some guys will take the younger ones with bad racks so they get better bucks in the years to come.

Yes!!!! Nice one!

Quote Originally Posted by spooln30 View Post
    Nice man, did he drop right away or did you have to track him a little. I hunt up in crivitz too and last year I didn't see any good older bucks. Maybe this is gonna be a good year for my dad and me. I also set standards when hunting. I won't shoot a younger buck. Some guys will take the younger ones with bad racks so they get better bucks in the years to come.
    He made it about 50 yards. Put the arrow dead nuts in the middle of the heart which I was really suprised about with the angle.

'06 GMC Envoy (wifes DD)

Quote Originally Posted by DurtyKurty View Post
    Yes!!!! Nice one!
    He will make a few venison sticks.....

'06 GMC Envoy (wifes DD)

congrats!!!

Thanks!

'06 GMC Envoy (wifes DD)

I would be impressed if you ran him down on foot and killed him with your barehands but I guess an arrow is ok too
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

<div class="imlinks"> <div class="popupmenu vehicleaction"> <a class="popupctrl" href="#"><strong>Vehicles</strong></a> <ul class="popupbody popuphover vehicleaction_body"> <li class="left"><a href="http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/garage_ve
    Very nice. I am on a quest to get my buck. I have 6 out where I go but there just not getting close enough.
    2002 Trans AM Ws6 M6 Black on Black. Procharged
    2011 GMC Sierra All Terrain
    2009 Infiniti G37x

Congrats on the buck!

Apparently bow season in that area is great this year. My fiance's dad has land in Amberg and he bagged an 8 pt as well.
    2006 M6 QSM GTO SOLD
    1993 Chevy K2500 SOLD

2004 Chevy Tahoe - Kid Hauler
    1999 Camaro Z28 - Traded
    2008 G8 GT - 'Dad' car

Nice, there's alot of sign around now i guess. Just talked to a buddy thats a farmer, he says hes seeing alot of rubs and alot of movement late morn. and early eve. this past week. The cooler temps. are getting them up and moving.

'06 GMC Envoy (wifes DD)