Finally got my truck

After looking and looking for a good truck I found a Diesel I could afford. The requirements were 6.7 Ford with low miles and still fit in my shoestring budget. And get rid of the trashed 2006 F150 that I owned.

Its a
    2011 Ford F-250 6.7 Turbo diesel
    Supercab short box, so its a SCSB
    16000 miles which for a diesel really hasn't even broken in yet.
    Royal Red Metallic
    Adobe interior
    and the FX4 package, better shocks and skid plates
    it also has a aftermarket cold air kit.

So far with my wife driving it she has gotten 19-20 MPG and saved $150 in fuel cost.

Is there anything other than typical maintenance that will make this my last truck? Would like never have to buy another one.

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nice truck...good color too!
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Would like to upgrade to upfitter switches, a 1600 Watt Power inverter, some type of bed cover, and reinstall my XM sat radio.

Later as I get the funds, get better Snow/Mud rated tires, (I like Cooper Discover line).

What is the deal with everyone doing the HI Idle mod, what does it do?
    Last edited by Gregor; 10-05-2012 at 11:43 AM.

be careful. these like to eat turbos. my buddy has a 2012 and had like 10k and shredded the turbo while towing his pull truck. they are good till about 80k then they start to fall apart. for whatever reason though they get ungodly gas mileage for being a urea/dpf diesel truck. good luck.
    Brandon
    2004.5 K2500hd LLY Dmax/Allison EC/SB - Minor Mod's
    2005 Trailblazer Lt 4x4 - Wife's - Stock
    PS3HANDLE:SilverStreak82

Nice truck!
    --Michelle--

Quote Originally Posted by Myles View Post
    Who let you out of the kitchen.
    Quote Originally Posted by -stew- View Post
    Fucking burn!!!! He's gonna have to change his name to Waver... cuz he just got neutered.

Nice Gregor! Pretty sure you've seen my 2011
    -Andy
    PS3, Xbox 360, & Steam tag: Cryptic78

"(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)

very nice! congrats!

Not sure how you do the hi idle mod on the fords but you can do them on the chevy's so that in the morning when you start the truck you can bump the idle up with the cruise control. High idle is used in the winter for warming the truck up. Diesel trucks really don't like cold so the high idle is nice i haven't done mine yet i use my foot when i'm sitting in it The newer chevy's i know used to do this on there own a buddies 05 duramax does its kind of cool while its sitting there it sounds like a jet getting ready for take off
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda69 View Post
    be careful. these like to eat turbos. my buddy has a 2012 and had like 10k and shredded the turbo while towing his pull truck. they are good till about 80k then they start to fall apart. for whatever reason though they get ungodly gas mileage for being a urea/dpf diesel truck. good luck.
    Yikes, never heard about the turbo's going nuclear in these trucks. Hope it goes before the warranty is up. Did they say why the turbo bought the farm?

But yeah I think she topped out at 20.2 MPG. Not bad that means about 740 Miles to a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Yooformula View Post
    very nice! congrats!
    Good because once I can drop it off before winter your cleaning it and polishing it.......

Schmit692
    hey are excellent until about 80k then they begin to drop apart. for whatever purpose though they get ungodly gas usage for being a urea/dpf diesel fuel vehicle.. . . . . . . .