Thread: Rebuilt Title

Rebuilt Title

How does a rebuilt title effect the value of motorcycle?
    --Michelle--

Quote Originally Posted by Myles View Post
    Who let you out of the kitchen.
    Quote Originally Posted by -stew- View Post
    Fucking burn!!!! He's gonna have to change his name to Waver... cuz he just got neutered.

A ton I would think. People already have a real stigma in my experience about a bike that has been laid down in any way even if damage was minor. Even if it was not the case, a rebuilt title screams "I was majorly damaged".
    96 Viper GTS Underground Racing Twin 78mm Precision turbos, Proline 510 stroker-1483RWHP
    73 Challenger Bickel Chassis, Indy 572 HEMI-860HP
    67 Plymouth Fury Police Pursuit, Indy 505-600HP
    94 Stealth RT/TT built 6G72, 13G, FMIC
    75 Trailduster 440 Convertible
    92 Galant VR4 #848
    04 Neon SRT4 Mods!

Not the case on a bike w aluminum title, if the frame gets so much as a scratch on it and the insurance company finds out about it, it will be totaled. Depends on the year make and mileage how much it'll actually affect the value
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Re: Rebuilt Title

I agree with Moparjim. I even get leary about custom paint on a sportbike, figuring there's a good chance it was laid down/ in an accident.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

Year make and model is gonna determine how much it effects value. Insurance companies hate sport bikes, and they are cheap to buy and expensive to fix; often it's simply numbers. And some bikes lay down better than others. My ZRX will puke the motor after 10-15 seconds of running on it's side. My Ducati has a salvage title, did a bunch of looking around on the interwebs before buying it and came to the conclusion they lay down well and I didn't hesitate buying it. Research what you're buying and use your judgement.