R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar

AMRA2: DAYZ anyone?

http://dayzmod.com/

225km map, tons of zombies, 1 life.... anyone play it?
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Super Mario Mushroom Champion Starcastle Champion Korndogg's Avatar
    Yeah I played it for a couple months. I'll probably wait until the standalone game comes out before I play it again. Too many hackers now.
    1968 Camaro 383

All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Yeah I know about that. That did nothing. I'm not so much pissed about the guys that spawn in their own guns and shit. I'm more pissed off when some guys come into a server and teleport everyone on the server to "the thunderdome" and you have to fight for your life until there is one guys left standing. I didn't mind it at first but it happened to me a couple times where they would teleport us to a secluded area and just mow us down when I had a ton of shit.
    1968 Camaro 383

Yes. Hate the hacking. Teleported to "thunderdome" is fine I have typically been able to log off fast enough and just log onto a different server and walk back.

Insta killed while loading, teleported and dropped to instant death, yeah those suck bad.

Im currently logged off near the airbase, with a ton of great stuff guns, night vision, gps, you name it but terrified to log in lately because sooner or later you instantly lose all your hard work lol.
    96 Viper GTS Underground Racing Twin 78mm Precision turbos, Proline 510 stroker-1483RWHP
    73 Challenger Bickel Chassis, Indy 572 HEMI-860HP
    67 Plymouth Fury Police Pursuit, Indy 505-600HP
    94 Stealth RT/TT built 6G72, 13G, FMIC
    75 Trailduster 440 Convertible
    92 Galant VR4 #848
    04 Neon SRT4 Mods!

I haven't gotten the game yet. But can you join friends in the middle of what they're doing? Also is there any digital downloads for ARMA: 2?

You can join whatever server your friends are in as long as there are slots available. But you always spawn by the ocean and you have to make your way to your friends. Honestly. I would wait until the standalone game comes out. They plan on putting it out there this fall/winter.
    1968 Camaro 383

I've been playing it. It's a ton of fun but very frustrating. I also have access to a Teamspeak if ever needed.
    2007 Focus ST

Quote Originally Posted by GTSLOW View Post
    Also is there any digital downloads for ARMA: 2?
    Yeah, through Steam for $29.99.
    2007 Focus ST

Ah I see. Will the $19.99 basic Arma:2 work? Also are these teleports like super common?

You have to get ARMA:Operation Arrowhead for Dayz. And They weren't common when I first started but later on yes. I got teleported pretty much every time I played. I really wouldn't waste my money on ARMA II. I would wait for the standalone.
    1968 Camaro 383

Quote Originally Posted by GTSLOW View Post
    Ah I see. Will the $19.99 basic Arma:2 work? Also are these teleports like super common?
    No, you need arrowhead
    2007 Focus ST

Curious, if the standalone is based off Arma:2 will you still need Arma:2?

You wont need ARMA II when the stand alone comes out. They say in December they will release the game where you just buy DayZ and that's it.
    2007 Focus ST

Standalone means that it is it's own game. Like stated above.
    1968 Camaro 383

Yeah at this point I agree I would wait for standalone.

It is/was a super fun concept but the ARMAII platform already was "last gen" and kindy wonky which made it annoying at times, the spawning at the ocean thing sucked bad there is no good way to group up you all randomly spawn lol and have to make your way across a rather large map to each other. Now the hacking and cheating is super common, basically if you play for any decent amount of time it will eventually happen to you. I have had it happen several times in the same evening even...
    96 Viper GTS Underground Racing Twin 78mm Precision turbos, Proline 510 stroker-1483RWHP
    73 Challenger Bickel Chassis, Indy 572 HEMI-860HP
    67 Plymouth Fury Police Pursuit, Indy 505-600HP
    94 Stealth RT/TT built 6G72, 13G, FMIC
    75 Trailduster 440 Convertible
    92 Galant VR4 #848
    04 Neon SRT4 Mods!

Cool definitely waiting then especially with it so close.

Also keep a eye out for http://thewarz.com/ which may or may not be a copy depending on when they started making the game. It's basically the same game but just dumb down a little.
    2007 Focus ST

Re: AMRA2: DAYZ anyone?

The ARMA II pack is $17.99 on steam now. Just a FYI.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    2007 Focus ST