Thread: 1963 chevy ll

1963 chevy ll

I just picked up my new project!
    1963 chevy ll 4dr(Yes way cooler than a 2dr!) originally a 6cyl 3 on the tree car but it currently has a 327 in it.

car is very clean for its age, never been restored! every body panel is straight and viturally no dents! so with that beening said over winter im pulling it apart, taking care of the body and atleast getting it into primer. i do need to replace the floor but thats ok i have plans of a simple four link rear setup and some sort of tube front end. I dont want to hack the car apart so it wont be a full drag car or anything like that. Just a nice driver with the ability to handle the power plant..... which I PLAN ON (well see where funds are at after the body and suspension get taken care of) putting a "junk yard" 5.3l/th400 setup in the car. and yes.... a turbo! Like i said, first things first, getting the body and suspension squared away and then drivetrain. i can always use the car with the 327 after the body is done and save up for the motor swap later on!

also if anyone has brake drums for a 63 let me know.... im going to jefferson tomorrow to hopefully find some> then i can atleast burn the tires off the car before winter!

Last edited by sloLs1; 09-28-2012 at 10:14 PM.
    '95 saturn < v8 GONE!
    '09 avalanche < tow rig
    '05 ion < DD
    '63 chevy ll < new project
    Some girls do want an 8 second ride

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    good kill!

Though I'd think it'd be cooler to do an inline6 turbo...swap back to a 250 inline 6 and turbo the hell out of it. That's just me though...
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant View Post
    good kill!

Though I'd think it'd be cooler to do an inline6 turbo...swap back to a 250 inline 6 and turbo the hell out of it. That's just me though...

ya ive actually seen that done, it is definatly something different to do but a little pricey and i want new technology and to make some decent power fairly easy. im thinking my goal in the end would be to build a 10sec or faster good driving good looking street car. now adays thats not too hard to do with the right resources. and ever since the "turbo lsx" crazy and e85 ive always wanted to build a setup and crank out some power!
    '95 saturn < v8 GONE!
    '09 avalanche < tow rig
    '05 ion < DD

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    LS turbo will be cheaper and make more power. Cool project!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

Re: 1963 chevy ll

Turbo Trailblazer straight six!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

rather keep it simple and use a 5.3l or a 4.8 which ever comes up when im looking for one!

PICS ADDED to first post
    '95 saturn < v8 GONE!
    '09 avalanche < tow rig
    '05 ion < DD