\/ What amazing looks like \/

450 bushmaster vs 45-70 gov.

If you had to choose between the two what would you do?

I've been on the bench for the last year on whether I want to pick up a large caliber brush gun/ hunting rifle. Just something about a rifle that sends something well over 200 grains down range that appeals to me.

I have been looking at at marlin guide rifle 45-70 similar to this.

But I also have been looking at a 450 bushmaster upper for my Ar. My only concern is the availability of the cartridge itself and the future support being that it's main backer bushmaster was bought out. I do reload so once i have enough of my own brass I should be fine for a bit at least.

Thoughts.

I understand that they are two completely different rifles but the cartridge is really what I am looking at.

Senior Member..now yer posting! Bart H's Avatar
    I had owned a .450 great gun for dropping anything. However my .308 can do the same job at longer ranges, so I traded it off for a M1A.

That's a tough decision. I'd go with the .450 Bushmaster but mainly because I just can't stand lever action rifles. I know that's a personal preference. I just can't stand them.

Now that said, if ammo is more plentiful and or cheaper for the 45-70, it wouldn't be a bad choice by any means.

I know nothing about the .450 except the one pictured is gay. That Marlin in .45-70 with a roll over scope mount throwing Hornaday LeveRevolution ammo would be the sex.

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    Quote Originally Posted by -stew- View Post
    I know nothing about the .450 except the one pictured is gay. That Marlin in .45-70 with a roll over scope mount throwing Hornaday LeveRevolution ammo would be the sex.
    I'm leaning really hard towards the 45-70. I'm thinking about doing 5.45x39 gas piston upper for my ar instead.