Thread: Packers/49ers

Packers/49ers

What are some predictions for Week 1?

Both teams have to get their D's rolling, and out of the gate I give the 49ers the edge there. People will probably grumble if Benson doesnt start out strong, but its also no secret the 49ers have a crushing running D. I dont see the offensive additions to the 49ers clicking right away, so IMO thats a non issue.

What else?
    -----------------------------------------------------
    JLP
    79 Monte
    406/2004R/Phord 9"

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    I'm not going to say this game will define them in any way. But I do believe it will play a big role down the road when it comes to the play offs and tie breakers. Obviously I'm picking the Packers on this one but it wont be by much. I'm just scared we're going to get ran all over.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

I agree with all that. Win or lose this will show us how far along the Packers are in several areas. This should be a very good test for the O-line. Eli Manning was the 49ers D-line bitch in the championship game last year.

I could be totally wrong, but to me the key of this game is which Packers defense shows up right away. Even if the Packers offense doesnt come out on fire, if the D holds up it looks a lot better because typically the 9ers dont have that explosive O.

We'll see though. Maybe its just the anticipation getting the best of me.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    JLP
    79 Monte
    406/2004R/Phord 9"

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    I wanna say it will be hard to determine how our pass defense will be since the 49ers had such a shitty passing game last year. But then again if they get thrown all over that will show me our pass defense is still terrible.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Quote Originally Posted by GTSLOW View Post
    I wanna say it will be hard to determine how our pass defense will be since the 49ers had such a shitty passing game last year. But then again if they get thrown all over that will show me our pass defense is still terrible.

I agree, but I also gotta say that with all the new guys on D, it might take a few weeks for them to really find their stride.

This is the second time in NFL history that two teams with this many wins the previous season have met in week 1. Should be a great game!!
    2008 Saab 9-7x Aero
    1986 Mazda RX-7 13B Turbo
    2002 Saturn SC2 - Clean, low, slow daily
    2000 Saturn SC1 - RWD project, broken
    1996 Suzuki Bandit 600
    1997 Golf GTI mid engine vr6

Packers had little problem defending the run last year. Passing D was the problem. Alex Smith does not strike any fear into my heart, even with some new receiving options. Last year the 49ers also only had like 2 major injuries the entire season, that just isn't going to happen again. They're a good team, but i don't think they're as good as the ended up last year. The battle will be our offense vs their defense. I believe the packers have the advantage.... close game though probably
    "A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Jeremy Clarkson