Thread: 95 Mustang GT

95 Mustang GT

Looks like I will be picking up a 95 GT Vert soon. 88K miles, bone stock. Owner is my best friend, wish I was getting the car under better circumstances, that's for sure! Anyway, don't want to do much to it, just some basic bolt ons that can be done on the cheap. Is there any difference between the 94/95 5.0's and Fox body 5.0's? Will the same bolt on's apply, or are 94/95 cars special because of the change? Thanks for any info.

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    they are the bastards,imp one of the worst to mod due to the shitty ecms save yourself the headache and put gears and a catback in it and call it a day

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

Post whore Lawn Pac Champion Irish's Avatar

95 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Cooper View Post
    they are the bastards,imp one of the worst to mod due to the shitty ecms save yourself the headache and put gears and a catback in it and call it a day
    I have been told that there is software out there that makes tuning the EEC-IV
    a lot better. I'll have to ask what it is.

They don't have forged pistons, they have a weird upper intake, some people hate them. Some people don't.

I dig the SN-95's. They aren't very fat guy friendly tho lol.

I do the usual assortment of bolt-ons. If you do headers and full exhaust, I'd recommend a decent set of LT's.

If you don't want to toss a cam in right away, you can always do the 1.7 roller rockers.

Yep they have Hyperjunks in the block. a weird ass upper intake, extremely expensive 2 year run tail lights, and a over controlling ECM.

Just treat it like a Speed Density, toss a set of 1.7 rockers, long tubes, better exhaust and gears.

Suspension wise they are just like there 79-93 counterparts, with wider front track (longer front control arms), wider rear track (wider rear axle), and they come factory with FRPP upper rear control arms. And horrible front brakes.

the best tuner availible for that imo is the anderson ford PMS but it is still a crap shoot on driveability

Post whore Lawn Pac Champion Irish's Avatar

95 Mustang GT

the best tuner availible for that imo is the anderson ford PMS but it is still a crap shoot on driveability
    Here is another option too.

http://www.eecanalyzer.net/product_i...ry_editor.html

Senior Member..now yer posting! DNT H8's Avatar
    LOL what everyone else said really sums it up!! Nothing more to say.... Atleast its a vert, our next Fox project will be a vert. I think at a certain point in your life a vert is a must have for the garage! Have fun with it.

I just... wait, what? That stupid intake elbow adapter thing... yeah, I'll give you that one. Anyone bashing the ecu is especially wrong. The CBAZA ecu's have been figured out for several years now. The coupes are nice cars. Better all around cars then 79-93's IMO, but you really can't compare them. Even if they are both the same platform.

IMO, modding that convertible would be like throwing money in a really dirty toilet. Give it to someone's 16 year old daughter to drive around. That's about all it's good for. When she is done with it, burn it in a field. Especially if it's any kind of red color.

Quote Originally Posted by DurtyKurty View Post
    Better all around cars then 79-93's IMO
    LOL cant wait to hear the logic behind this....

IMO, modding that convertible would be like throwing money in a really dirty toilet.
    And this...

No logic. That why each statement had IMO in it. I'm just a convertible hater. This is one of those threads where everyone just throws out there opinions. I have one of each of these cars (fox and sn), and I love em both. But there is no doubt that the SN95 platform is better in general, again... IMO.
    Last edited by DurtyKurty; 08-26-2012 at 03:47 PM.

I agree the ecms have been figured out,but its alot of dicking around,ive had a 94 GT and wish i had modded something newer,which i have now,the sn platform is a better platform that the fox i would agree 5 lug 4 wheel disc yada yada,but it would be a car i would leave like it was or a few mods that dont require tuning and leave it be,or donate it to unida esperanza

This is one of those threads where everyone just throws out there opinions.
    Agree...

the sn platform is a better platform that the fox i would agree 5 lug 4 wheel disc yada yada
    Stock for Stock each has its pros and cons over each other! Throw a Maximum Motorsports catalog at each and Ill take a Fox anyday... just my opinion : )

Honestly, just drive the car. You already have one modded car. If you want to do something to it, just do gears and an exhaust.
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    stew - continuing confirmation of the hypothesis that marbles aren't sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Jim you build... break... and rebuild cars faster than I can put one together.

Quote Originally Posted by Waver View Post
    Honestly, just drive the car. You already have one modded car. If you want to do something to it, just do gears and an exhaust.
    There's nothing wrong with two modded cars nick

Re: 95 Mustang GT

No logic. That why each statement had IMO in it. I'm just a convertible hater. This is one of those threads where everyone just throws out there opinions. I have one of each of these cars (fox and sn), and I love em both. But there is no doubt that the SN95 platform is better in general, again... IMO.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2