Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shaolin View Post
    This team has more talent than last year's team, which was the best in the league and went 15-1. Anyone predicting less than 12 wins at this point probably doesn't understand that preseason games are to knock the rust off and evaluate the players that probably won't make the roster.
    Anyone predicting more than 12 wins should realize it's a different year and you can fall just as fast as you rise. Packers went from what, 9-7 to 15-1 in one year? That could very easily reverse and drop us back to 9-7 with minimal roster changes. There are way too many variables to factor in to guarantee at least 12 wins.
    Daily Driver: 2009 Camry
    Weekend Car: 2006 Corvette

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I've always thought it was harder TO predict more than 12 wins. There is too much parity in the NFL relative to collegiate sports...where I think it's easier to predict a team going undefeated rather than an NFL team winning 13 or more games. There are always a let down or two games out there that are almost a given to lose...divisional rivals are likely to pick off a game maybe two...and then there can always be the game that the other teams simply plays lights out...

Now, there can be overlap and what not, but I've only once predicted 13-3....they were 11-5 that year.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Quote Originally Posted by VroomPshhTsi View Post
    Anyone predicting more than 12 wins should realize it's a different year and you can fall just as fast as you rise. Packers went from what, 9-7 to 15-1 in one year? That could very easily reverse and drop us back to 9-7 with minimal roster changes. There are way too many variables to factor in to guarantee at least 12 wins.
    10-6 and super bowl champs, followed by a dominating 15-1 season. Not exactly a complete reversal of fortune like you're suggesting.

We've got all the pieces in place. Obviously can't guarantee anything, as the ball bounces differently every time it hits the ground and there's a lot of luck involved.
    2008 Saab 9-7x Aero
    1986 Mazda RX-7 13B Turbo
    2002 Saturn SC2 - Clean, low, slow daily
    2000 Saturn SC1 - RWD project, broken
    1996 Suzuki Bandit 600
    1997 Golf GTI mid engine vr6

Re: 2012 Packer Predictions

You guys need to realize the first couple pregames meant nothing. Rodgers wasnt even in and they were figuring out who was going to be on the roster! They weren't even trying
    TaninAutoElectronix
    90 Mitsubishi Mirage 9.9@146, 800awhp
    04 Gallardo
    04 Lexus LS430
    71, 96, 94 Land Cruisers

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Not sure how much you pay attention to the Packers but it was 10-6. Next a large majority of the games in 2010 were lost by 3 points or less. They almost knocked off the mighty pats with Flynn at QB had it not been for the shody refs.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

In the 10-6 regular season, a lot of things bounced the wrong way for the Packers. In the 15-1 regular season, a lot of things bounced the right way. Thats just how NFL football goes.. even the best team and planning doesnt work out perfect every time.

I just hope Packer fans dont start expecting regular seasons as good as last year was because repeating something like that isnt likely... and IMO theres no reason they have to. Struggle a few times and learn from it, head into the playoffs with an attitude around 12-4 and take care of business.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    JLP
    79 Monte
    406/2004R/Phord 9"

Quote Originally Posted by GTSLOW View Post
    Not sure how much you pay attention to the Packers but it was 10-6.
    Sorry I was off by one game. As the above post by MY FYN 79 states, there is not a lot separating a 10-6 season and a 15-1 season (a few bounces/calls here and there). My point is there are too many variables to guarantee at least 12 wins as THE SHAOLIN does. No doubt the Packers are a great team, but again just too many variables.

When did I guarantee anything? I said nothing was guaranteed for the same reason you just posted.

Good teams find ways to win. If everything goes right, you put yourself in a position where you don't need to rely on a bounce or a call to win....but...

Quote Originally Posted by The Shaolin View Post
    Obviously can't guarantee anything
    2008 Saab 9-7x Aero
    1996 Suzuki Bandit 600

1/2 BCM POOL Tag Champs 97z2801ss's Avatar
    As long as rodgers is healthy I think 12-4 or 11-5 is what the packers will be at the end of the year as far as the post season goes we have to wait and see what chi and det do. Along as you get hot at the end of the year and make the playoffs you know any team can go to the Super Bowl and win

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun,than with a kind word alone."-Al Capone

"Ever since we was kids,we always knew that people can be bought.It was only a question of who did the buyin' and for how much"-Charlie "Lucky" Luciano

I dunno where you guys are getting these 5+ losses from. Can someone show me the light?
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

I dunno where you guys are getting these 5+ losses from. Can someone show me the light?
    Every season is different my friend. Past success does not guarantee future success.

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    11-5

0-1 to start.
    Last edited by nismodave; 09-09-2012 at 06:57 PM.

Last in the division.......for this week at least.

Quote Originally Posted by STANMAN View Post
    Last in the division.......for this week at least.
    I guess everyones gotta have their time to gloat? Either way with Stafford throwing 3 INTs and almost 2 more that were dropped I wouldn't take it to far. Remember your team barely beat the rams who were 2-14 last year.
    Last edited by GTSLOW; 09-09-2012 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GTSLOWi;
    Well, today was loss #1. Safe to say 4 more the rest of the season is definitely possible.

Well, today was loss #1. Safe to say 4 more the rest of the season is definitely possible.
    LOL you don't give up do you. I never said it wasn't possible, I just asked where you thought they were. This one was anticipated by many.

Yeah, tough game to lose. Can't blame the refs for everything, but it certainly wasn't helping. Our defense didn't show up until the second half. The niners were able to get a good pass rush going without too much blitzing, that's a good way to beat this team.

Yes, we are the only 0-1 team in the NFC north...but we were also playing a team with more 2011 wins than the other three NFC north's opponents COMBINED.
    2008 Saab 9-7x Aero
    1996 Suzuki Bandit 600

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    9-7 Unless they can get something going real soon. Thursday will be a good test. I can't blame the refs for yesterday's game. Bad calls sure but get over it. Our offense was non-existent most of the game yesterday.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

I guess everyones gotta have their time to gloat? Either way with Stafford throwing 3 INTs and almost 2 more that were dropped I wouldn't take it to far. Remember your team barely beat the rams who were 2-14 last year.
    Oh, the Lions were less than impressive yesterday. If they play like that all year they won't finish above .500.