Hybrid View

1992 Z28 Camaro 25th Anniversary Edition parts for sale

My 1992 Camaro Z28 has 58K. In 2006 when it had 21K the following factory components were removed and replaced by performance parts:

Cylinder heads $150

Valve Covers $35

Factory 350 camshaft $50

Exhaust Manifolds $50

3.23 Gears $100

Panhard Rod $20

Original Computer chip $20

Just last week I took motor out of car as I begin looking into a 383 or 406. Im up in the air on selling the motor (short block less performance parts) because its a good running motor. I can either sacrafice the good motor and convert to a 383 or sell motor & go w/a 406. Throw an offer if interested. Prices above are just ball-parks. See pics on CL http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/pts/3201041681.html Send text to 262 894 fourtyfivehundred if interested or if you have any questions. -mike
    Last edited by 67-400; 09-03-2012 at 11:42 AM.

Prices are just ballpark figures. I might have my ZZ409 camshaft (.520in / .520ex) for sale from TPIS if my engine builder cuts a custom camshaft for the new motor.

Re: 1992 Z28 Camaro 25th Anniversary Edition parts for sale

I'm assuming the cam would fit on my camaro. The only different is mine is a RS and it has a 2.8 or is it a 3.1? Hmmmm, I can't remember. But I'd like a couple of these parts for it. I think itnwould really wake up my v6. I've been doing some research and it seems that the v6 & v8 are exactly the Same platform and the parts are interchangable. They are basically the same platform. There may be a bit of fab work but nothing a couple tubes of JB weld and muffler putty can't take care of.

Also mine is a 5 speed. Would that stall converter work in with my current clutch setup? I'm thinking that I may need to change the bellhousing but I think it would be worth it. The horsepower gains would tremendous.

Are you willing to split parts up, I hope...

Get back to me asap!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Oh and I'm also interested in the ecu chip. Seeing as mine is a 1983 Camaro I think that ecu chip would work wonders on my carburetor. It's a little tired but I think that chip would be just what mine needs to wake it up and bring it back to life!

Also would you be willing to help install? Im not sure how to do a cam but I heard it shouldn't take more than an hour to three at the very most and am I correct on reading that the motor does not need to come out to do a cams swap?

I forgot to mention, I have the factory starter too. That should bolt up to your 2.5 Iron-Duke 4-cyl. I had to put a high-torque starter in for my new motor running 18.5:1 compression.

Post whore Lawn Pac Champion Irish's Avatar

1992 Z28 Camaro 25th Anniversary Edition parts for sale

Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    I'm assuming the cam would fit on my camaro. The only different is mine is a RS and it has a 2.8 or is it a 3.1? Hmmmm, I can't remember. But I'd like a couple of these parts for it. I think itnwould really wake up my v6. I've been doing some research and it seems that the v6 & v8 are exactly the Same platform and the parts are interchangable. They are basically the same platform. There may be a bit of fab work but nothing a couple tubes of JB weld and muffler putty can't take care of.

Also mine is a 5 speed. Would that stall converter work in with my current clutch setup? I'm thinking that I may need to change the bellhousing but I think it would be worth it. The horsepower gains would tremendous.

Are you willing to split parts up, I hope...

Get back to me asap!

Huh?

Nah I kinda wish I had the irony butterfly "Duke".. I h ok weaver have the next best thing. The highly coveted and sought after cross fire injection! Ironically my current starter has seen better days and this may just be wHattie parts god ordered. I mean I may have to do some fab work and some shims to make it.work but since it is such a high torque motor if actually may fry that starter. It may be too much for it to turn over.

Also I love.my cross fire death it has been the most reliable motor I've ever laid eyes on but that mini ram has me thinking that maybe I could fab it up to.work hand in hand with each other?

Don you think you would be willing to come over to my place with that camaro of yours and we could try these parts out? Im usually not home time around d 11p.m. but I do have root beers and I live on third and center if you are I interested. Let me know!!

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Nah I kinda wish I had the irony butterfly "Duke".. I h ok weaver have the next best thing. The highly coveted and sought after cross fire injection! Ironically my current starter has seen better days and this may just be wHattie parts god ordered. I mean I may have to do some fab work and some shims to make it.work but since it is such a high torque motor if actually may fry that starter. It may be too much for it to turn over.

Also I love.my cross fire death it has been the most reliable motor I've ever laid eyes on but that mini ram has me thinking that maybe I could fab it up to.work hand in hand with each other?

Don you think you would be willing to come over to my place with that camaro of yours and we could try these parts out? Im usually not home time around d 11p.m. but I do have root beers and I live on third and center if you are I interested. Let me know!!

Who is Don?
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

The Broke & The Furious BR3W CITY's Avatar

dude were u tripping on something when you posted this? or have you suffered multiple serious brain injuries without medical attention?
    BREW CITY // Forever in ink.
    '66 Chevy Stepside / Big Cam LQ4 / Posi / Lowered / Built 4L80e

Quote Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
    dude were u tripping on something when you posted this? or have you suffered multiple serious brain injuries without medical attention?
    What would make someone say something of that nature when I'm simply in this thread potentially trying to build a nice car. I just figure because rims and tires can fit on multiple vehicles then why can't othern vehicle parts?

Anyhow, thank you for criticizing me and now back to the thread and enough shitting on me.

Are you are.all flexible on your prices? Or are you open to bartering?

I would trade for your iron Duke, I can probably squeeze every bit of the 600hp its capable of and put it in my wife's Lexus. Shouldn't take too much.

Quote Originally Posted by 67-400 View Post
    I would trade for your iron Duke, I can probably squeeze every bit of the 600hp its capable of and put it in my wife's Lexus. Shouldn't take too much.
    You know what? I would actually maybe take that in to condsideration. It would be Hand to let the Duke go.....

What do you have to offer?

Last edited by Nix; 08-20-2012 at 03:34 AM.

You know what? I would actually maybe take that in to condsideration. It would be Hand to let the Duke go.....

What do you have to offer?

Unlimited access VIP passes to L.A. Cage and the Nut Hut.

The Broke & The Furious BR3W CITY's Avatar

I think that neighborhood has like 3 more of those places, what if he prefers BallGame lol
    BREW CITY // Forever in ink.
    '66 Chevy Stepside / Big Cam LQ4 / Posi / Lowered / Built 4L80e

I do appreciate the offer but I'm not looking for passes to a all day and night pride fest. Thank for your offer.

TPI & Stall converter $old