Thread: 4x4 sct

4x4 sct

So I currently have a stock 2wd slash a modified lcg 2wd slash and a modified b4 but no 4wd trucks. So I'm thinking about picking up a slash 4x4 roller since I have a spare vxl system sitting around and all I would really need is a receiver, body, servo and wheels/tires. So my question is should I go with the slash or look into other 4x4 short course trucks.

Now I LOVE Traxxas and will always run them but when it comes to the 4x4 it needs some help. I started with the platinum roller and went with the pro line pro trac kit and that really helped it out. I am planning on getting a set of the losi sct 4x4 aluminum shocks and a new motor and esc then I should be set. That all being said I think the losi 4x4 is a better race truck out of the box. I made mine work good as the losi or better but it cost a little more. Something to think about

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    I don't know what the traxxas would cost but its why I went with the Losi for racing. Just better out of the box than the other trucks for "racing". However, I'm sure LEWETHETIGER73 could whip my ass with a stock traxxas no matter what motor I put in my Losi.

If you were bashing, I still think the durability of the traxxas and the availability and cheap prices on parts makes it a winner. you could buy Nick's setup too cause I thought he was selling his stuff, and its already got some mods. something to think about.

all racing = losi/ associated
    bashing= traxxas
    bashing/racing= traxxas w/ mods

And Crawlin, depends on the day if I am going to run good or not

And what kind of lcg slash do you have?

It is a xtreme racing digital camo carbon fiber chassis with a pro trac kit. If you are going to be at track side tonight I'll bring it with if you wanna check it out.

http://www.xtremercracing.com/Store_...ue&SnipID=6677

That would be great, thanks

What the cost to race I wanna run the stock slash class also I have the proline steering kit in my stock slash will that not allow me to run in the stock slash class.

I don't know if the LCG chassis slash's are allowed. Also, check my tower hobby post for discounts, can get $50 off a RTR Slash it looks like

Quote Originally Posted by Crawlin View Post
    I don't know if the LCG chassis slash's are allowed. Also, check my tower hobby post for discounts, can get $50 off a RTR Slash it looks like
    You going to be there tonight?

I'm gonna try for sure. Not racing obviously, just watching for a bit