conceal carry recommended

Just picked up a new sig P250 .45 fullsize but a bit large for comfortable carry. (didnt buy it for that but still....) Looking for a good smaller carry gun, only thing I dont want is a revolver. Something easy and comfortable to carry but reliable and decent quality. Suggestions?
    2012 Street Glide
    1971 Vista Cruiser 455
    2003 Duramax Dually Silverado 4x4
    1986 442

Post whore
    I have a Taurus PT 740 slim. They also make a 9mm. Nice gun.

I have a Springfield xd 9mm subcompact and absolutely love it! Very comfortable in my hands and shoots very nice. I like it way more than my glock 19 and my friend has a glock 27 .40 and I like my xd way more. Just my opinion though.

Honestly, go shoot whatever you can get your hands on, everybody is going to like something different. Take your pick:

http://www.concealandcarryhq.com/ind...nd-carry-guns/
    Last edited by Wagonbacker9; 08-09-2012 at 02:13 AM.
    2006 M6 QSM GTO SOLD
    1993 Chevy K2500 SOLD

2004 Chevy Tahoe - Kid Hauler
    1999 Camaro Z28 - Traded
    2008 G8 GT - 'Dad' car

Senior Member..now yer posting! DNT H8's Avatar
    Im a 1911 guy and a huge fan of Springfield Armory, I carry concealed a SA EMP 9mm with an Alessi holster. Yes the Gun makes a difference but a quality holster is half the battle. Highly recommend Alessi Holsters.

Your type of clothing also plays a large part, if you wear tighter clothing a semi auto 32 might be the way to go. Very easy to conceal...

Quote Originally Posted by Wagonbacker9 View Post
    Honestly, go shoot whatever you can get your hands on, everybody is going to like something different. Take your pick:

http://www.concealandcarryhq.com/ind...nd-carry-guns/
    I get asked often what is the best conceal carry weapon. The best answer to that question is the gun YOU are comfortable carrying. I carry a Glock 19. It's big and wide and has a 15 round magazine, and will not be comfortable for most people. I'm OK with it. As long as your sticking with known manufacturers you're in good shape. I would not recommend anything that goes for around $200-$300. They are OK for a range toy, but tend to be plagued with the kind of issues that you don't want to have in a defense situation.

I've sold XD Compacts, Ruger LC9's, Glock sub-compacts, and every one that bought those was happy with it. One thing I've noticed is that if you haven't tried a few and have your mind made up, people tend to go through a couple different guns until they find one they like.

Just to throw another wrench in your plans, the style and brand of holster will play a huge factor in perceived comfort while carrying. I use these:

http://www.reapertactical.com/rt-firearms.html

Type 07/02 FFL - Manufacturer and Dealer of Firearms, including NFA Firearms
    sales@reapertactical.com
    Serial number requests available for RT15 receivers!!
    7% discount for BCM members (one discount applies per item)

"Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch."

I carry (though not daily) the FNP you sold me.. Most wouldn't call it a carry weapon either, so I completely agree. I draw security from the 13 rounds it allows me to carry without having a 2nd mag. Even if I went trigger happy I'd still have rounds left over.

As for holster, seeing as I don't carry daily, I couldn't justify 60+, and I stumbled on Old Faithful, that basically allows you to DIY your own holster. $34 later I'm VERY pleased. I was also pretty surprised they had a kydex mold for my relatively less common pistol.
    2006 M6 QSM GTO SOLD
    1993 Chevy K2500 SOLD

2004 Chevy Tahoe - Kid Hauler
    1999 Camaro Z28 - Traded
    2008 G8 GT - 'Dad' car

Senior Member..now yer posting! bikedad's Avatar

I really like my Kahr CW-9 with the Barsoni IWB holster. (for conceal carry)
    It's small and comfortable. I purchased the 7 round mag for it which gives a nice rest for my pinky finger. It's very accurate. I've had one stovepipe in 400 rounds and that was a reload. (I don't do reloads any longer)
    It's an inexpensive gun but seems very well built.
    A couple of minor negatives are the slide is harder to pull back than my Ruger P89 but I don't have any problems with it. The trigger is a long pull but that also could act as a safety.
    The more I shoot it the better it gets.

You said you bought a sig250 buy a "caliber Xchange kit" in subcompact. That's the cool thing with the 250s under 300 bucks and can shoot what ever caliber, out of what ever size gun you want.
    92 Bimini Blue Coupe ZZZZzzzzZZZ
    2003 DSG Cobra

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude
    Function:Error
    IF IT DOESN'T HAVE TITS, A TRIGGER, OR THROTTLE I'M NOT INTERESTED

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow5oh View Post
    You said you bought a sig250 buy a "caliber Xchange kit" in subcompact. That's the cool thing with the 250s under 300 bucks and can shoot what ever caliber, out of what ever size gun you want.

what this guy said! you have the guts you can just pick up another body in a sub compact

for what I paid for the Sig, I could buy a compact in another caliber for not much more than the interchange pieces. Just considered getting something different to go along with it. Just want to keep it a bit smaller, I'm a t-shirt and jeans person most always but the other side of it is I have large hands so trying to compromise on both counts.
    2012 Street Glide
    1971 Vista Cruiser 455
    2003 Duramax Dually Silverado 4x4
    1986 442

I carry my g23 and have zero complaints.
    2003 DSG Cobra

I used to carry an XD9 Subcompact. Great carry gun and super reliable. Now I primarily carry a Sig P228 (my duty gun), which is larger with a 4 inch barrel and full size grip, but still conceals well with the right holster. As othes have said, you need to find what works best for you. There are alot of variables that determine what will work best for you.

If you're starting from scratch, I'd start with an XD or a glock, subcompact and Compact, and go from there. Give the sig's, and Smith&Wesson M&P line a try. They all have different feels to them, and what works for some doesnt always work for others. Try before you buy if at all possible

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    Quote Originally Posted by smokin'red35th View Post
    I used to carry an XD9 Subcompact. Great carry gun and super reliable. Now I primarily carry a Sig P228 (my duty gun), which is larger with a 4 inch barrel and full size grip, but still conceals well with the right holster. As othes have said, you need to find what works best for you. There are alot of variables that determine what will work best for you.

If you're starting from scratch, I'd start with an XD or a glock, subcompact and Compact, and go from there. Give the sig's, and Smith&Wesson M&P line a try. They all have different feels to them, and what works for some doesnt always work for others. Try before you buy if at all possible
    Heck yeah.. I have been bidding on a S&W shield in hopes to pick it up off of gun broker. I love my M&P 40 pro! It is one of the smoother shooting pistols I've owned specially with the apex trigger.

My co-worker just bought an M&P shield .40 and it keeps dropping mags. He contacted the company and they said they are having issues with the .40 models, about one in every 3 have this issue. He had to send it back, S&W is still trying to figure out what's causing it. Apparently the problem is unique only to the .40s though.

I've read people are having the problem with mag dropping with IWB holsters. I'd get a 9mm Shield anyway. Could also look at the XD-S 45
    2003 DSG Cobra

I love my M&P9c, and I can use the 17rd mags from my fullsize too.
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

Senior Member..now yer posting! DNT H8's Avatar
    Not sure if you have ever shot a 1911, but you really should before you purchase another pistol.... Night and day difference imo. You can feel the quality in fit and finish, trigger pull, battery of the slide, and feel in the hand.

I carry a M&P as well. I like the way it feels in the concealed IWB holster. I prefer to open carry but well I really get some nasty comments when I do. Not that I care what people think I just get sick of the negative attitude people have with open carry.

BCM Cruiser
    I think the Sig P238 is a nice small piece if your OK with .380. M&P Shield 9 is also nice. The M&P compact .40 is OK with me if the clothing isn't too light. I didn't really like my XD9sc for CCW. Nice gun but I thought it was a little too big unless it was OWB with a jacket.

LC9 seems OK but the trigger takes getting used too (I've only shot one a few times but a couple people I know have one). Shot my friends SR9c Saturday and that's nice. It seems about the same size as a M&Pc.

It sure is best to try some as rentals and see what you like.
    '14 550 M-Sport
    '04 Jeep Grand Cherokee