Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Just be sure to buy roar certified packs or at the very lease a hard case.

I have two 5000 Mah soft cased lipo's if any one want to buy them the ones i ordered incorrectly. They'll take them back but its only instore credit and i don't need any more packs yet. to jack your thread again
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    Yep, all the batteries I have ordered are hardcase packs. Get the ROAR stuff for racing packs

Was cool seeing everyone last night even if it was for just a bit.

I can say I'm happy with both the purchasing experiences through promatch and through hobby king. I haven't USED the batteries, just saying that my buying experience went well with both tracking information and both parts arrived today, earlier than inspected. One from Washington and one from Arizona. USPS worked out well.

Both state "ROAR APPROVED" on them so I guess thats a good thing too(sorry, only the Pro Match ones do)

Don't know if i talked to ya last night lol. I was too busy being pumped since i went from second to last to runnin the best 3 races ive ever had all because of a radio change lol

Larry pointed your station out behind him. I was the guy that was talking to him that I think you had to slip by cause I was in the way of the aisle, haha.

That's awesome to hear though. Definitely got me pumped to get out racing. Just in time for downtime and a track change! haha. I really like how the track looks though now so hopefully they'll keep it something like that.

My toy... All TLR'd and now to pick a motor.

Definitely want to try the Viper setup for a 2WD truck
    Last edited by Crawlin; 08-11-2012 at 07:42 PM.

went for some practice today no one was there dropped 2teeth on the pinion And the truck really woke up. Thought it was fast before it should be good for next friday

nice!!!

there was a BIG outdoor event today, so nice choice picking today to practice, haha.

I got my first body painted. The "stock" body. A number of errors. Overspray getting into areas that I didn't mask well enough, not letting paint dry long enough before taping off another area. I did a mix of the liquid mask as well as taping off. I ended up giving up early on the liquid mask. I read that it needs 3 coats. Watched videos. Apparently I didn't do a thick enough coat, or I needed more coats for this specific brand like some others had recommended. Luckily I haven't started on the second body and can layer up some more on the liquid mask. Have 5 coats on it right now. I should have reversed the colors as its a very dark body, but atleast I know for the future. So I have a good bash/practice body. Hated the stock body anyways

Alright, so here are some shots... You can see the errors and smudges

The roll bar area was kinda cool, still lots of smudges and uneven cuts

And the finished product. Just noticed that I painted the same sides of the number plates, so one side is green and the other side is the charcoal metallic backing, haha.

Looks ok. Like I said, learning experience since this was the first time I ever painted a body. All spray cans. Got it all over my hands, haha. Wear some gloves people!
    Last edited by Crawlin; 08-12-2012 at 01:09 AM.

That is a really slick design! I love it! But you gotta practice somehow. What did you decide on the 4x4?

I bought the RX8 and bought a Tenshock SC411 4600 since it has some decent reviews. I'm thinking of buying the Copperhead setup just to test the difference. Just waiting on the motor right now. So the losi is all ready to go minus motor at this point.

The colors are the Black Metallic, then a thin charcoal metallic stripe, then the white, then lime ice, then silver, then the charcoal metallic at the back. So the black is only up front. The pictures make it look better than it actually is, but I'm happy for first try.

Looks really good for messin it up now go practice

Do you guys run indoor or outdoor? If you want you can set up a track at my storage place in Waukesha. It's all reground asphalt that has been rolled and rolled traffic bond. Just give me a call and I can get you all set up. Could have a BCM race event. I have plenty of track building materials.
    Owner of Sunset Self Storage LLC. LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED STORAGE. 24/7 access. No Contract length. Self Storage/Portable Storage/Vehicle Transport
    Thanks, Brad 262.751.9439

09 Cadillac CTS V Has some stuff done...
    05 Chevy Duramax: Best time in 4wd was 12.22 @ 108
    99 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic: Big Bore, Cams, tune.

Brad we are running indoor stuff.

I'm sure it wuold be cool to get out there, just hard to get everyone out there to help build it haha

Re: I bought something!

It would be cool but like Chris said getting everyone together to build it would be an issue. If we can get it set up id be down to help get it built.
    1997 Explorer 5.0 AWD - Broke

i live less than 5 min. away from the storage place but would probably have a tough time getting there with my work schedule

burned myself pretty bad as I made it difficult on myself to solder the wires together, but tekin's setup is really nice to solder to the posts.

And it all finished up, just need to get a couple pinions to play with temps, but should be good to go.

quick question for you guys...

does your servo "buzz" ? soon as I flip on the power switch it buzzes. it still moves fine and everything. can't tell if its the glitching issue or if its something else

Re: I bought something!

My 10 year old hitec in the b4 does every once in awhile but doesn't seem to cause any problems.
    1997 Explorer 5.0 AWD - Broke

mine makes noise every time i turn it on. usually i can bump the steering and it will go away. doesn't seem to effect my truck at all