Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar

I bought something!

Since I've taken up WAAAY too much of the other threads, figure might as well make my own so others can hijack mine, haha.

Anyways, traded my 1251 servo in for a 1256 savox. Get the higher torque, although its slower. One of those things that maybe it evens out with the larger tires of a shortcourse trck.

So anyways, spent all day deciding what to do, DESC410v2 or the Losi SCTE. Probably heading towards the SCTE as local parts support is there, it accepts the regular stick style lipos where the Durango can only do the saddle packs which limits my options and cost more.

The cost of being "different" just wasn't worth it to me, especially with the truck being $100 more even after the tower discount on the durango.

I did buy the body tonight from Tony at Hobbytown

I'm not a Toyota guy in real life, but just fell in love with body

My radio did come in today as well. Just need that one final decision on the truck and then decide on the esc/motor combo and get to some practice/racing next week.

I got my radio too just to hijack yours real quick. I was thinking the toyota body since the monster team ran the tundra last year but not sure what they run this year? nissan i think
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    nice

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

Haha. Hopefully you caught it before your girl did!

Coop - I'm painting it just like the picture but in the Mustang blue your car is... just to honor the great Coop!

As for the body, I was also looking at the regular flo-tek body as well since I like the color scheme

Last edited by Crawlin; 08-08-2012 at 09:33 PM.

The flow tec bodys are bad ass. I love my silverado one looks so cool lol

I recomend viper for a esc and motor! I love the ease of use, cooler running set up, and the warranty is fantastic! Good luck with the research!

did you do the copperhead R sensorless or did you do the VTX10 or something along that product line sensored? Was looking at the MMP Race SCT setup with the 3800kv 1410 motor. For a 4x4 has that worked out? I don't think I could control an RX8/Pro4 combo, haha at this point.

Also, what is the "in" cheap batteries that are available local US? I just have seen too many horror stories with the turnigy shipping, but maybe thats if it was coming out of HK. There are a couple batteries available that fit my needs that are in the US warehouse, but for some reason I can't pull the trigger without worrying.

I also saw ProMatch (i did order two of those since it seemed to be middle of the road according to the bigsquidrc reviews). I know those Gen Ace's everyone raves about, but coming out of HK I believe as well, just has me worried on wait times and proper shipping choice.

Thanks again!

I us venom batteries because they have a lifetime warranty or I would recomend thunder power.

And esc I use the vtx in my buggy and now my 2wd sc. I was plannng on useing the vtx10r with a 4.5 550 viper sensored motor but Now I may get the copperhead system. It isn't sensored but from what I have seen and heard from guys at the track is you don't have any glitching issues. And it is half the price. about $150.

I use venom and duratrax have not had problems with them.

i got two zippy batteries from hobby king make sureyou get them out of the USA warehouse tho the first set i ordered incorrectly from hong kong took a month to get

Thats the problem with the "name" batteries. I don't mind having 2-3 of those for the RACE, but for practice it sucks needing such a high mah and C rating to support the draw from these big motors and heavy 4x4's and having to run a $120 battery

One thing I do see people doing is a Mamba Max Pro w/ the SC411 tenshock motor. That would be right around $200. The RX8/Tenshock motor combo would be 265-270ish

SCTE w/ TLR Tuning Kit it is... Support your LHS! haha. Its sitting in the trunk right now waiting for work to end. Its hard trying to split up purchases between Trackside and HobbyTown with as much as Tony has helped all of us at HT

Not gonna go wild with it cause the 22SCT is coming out in a couple weeks and I knew I was gonna end up with some sort of 2WD stock class vehicle, be it a buggy or a SCT.

Trying to find design ideas for paint and go from there. Should be a good weekend with the wifey gone at work, I can spend the whole time playing with this thing.

PS - who was it that did the body painting? was it you LEWETHETIGER73 ?
    Last edited by Crawlin; 08-09-2012 at 01:19 PM.

Nice Chris I really need to get something 4wd.

I never drove one. I think I might have played with Tony's for a lap or two way back, but other than that nothing more than my Havok SC Pro 7.5T in the XXX-SCT on the barcodes. That was alot of fun, haha.

My mother in law does all my bodies. She races friday nights. Stop by and take a look.

And this is how you clean a body... while enjoying a nice cold brew!! haha. This is the stock body that came with it. Good practice body to line up a design if I don't have it done elsewhere on the Toyota body

Last edited by Crawlin; 08-09-2012 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LEWETHETIGER73 View Post
    My mother in law does all my bodies. She races friday nights. Stop by and take a look.

I will have to do that! Luckily that's tomorrow, haha. You gonna be there?

most definetly. We'll see if my truck is ready though!

Granted i'm running a stocker But i bought 2 zippy 5400 Mah 50c batteries for $60 shipped. I duno if thats enough for your big 4x4 but they last me long enough to get bored on a baseball diamond

I bought two of the promatch 6000mah 60c and I bought two of the Turnigy Nano-Tech 6600 mah 65c-135c batteries. They are supposedly out of the USA warehouse so we'll see what happens. I already have a tracking number through USPS for them so hope its all good. Those were dirt cheap to try as well.

I'll buy two decent packs for racing later once I get the setup right. Got $30 in coupons from Hobby Town after picking up the big stuff, so will probably pick up an RX8 ESC with the discount