steering problem with my spectrum dx3.0

Ok so i narrowed down my steering problem. All new parts theres very little play in the steering now, but the wheels wont center off left hand turn. Right hand i can turn it max turn fast or slow let it snap back to center and it looks almost perfect. To the left same procedure you can visually see it hasn't recentered. It did this with the hitec servo that i had previous and now its more noticable with the faster savox servo. This may have something to do with my horrible driving maybe not but its driving me nuts!!! Anyone have any ideas?
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner

Does the wheel on the remote center it self if you turn it all the way and then let it go? Is there any binding in the steering any where? Like does it hit the chassi to make it stick. Or what about the servo saver, is it tight, loose, broken? I would start looking there.

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    i had it happen on my xxx-sct at one point. there was a small binding issue with the setup. If I remember right, the setup wasn't correct in limiting the servo's range and it would push the steering past its further point stressing the setup and wouldn't return to center. Hard to explain and I only remember it faintly

well theres no binding in the steering what so ever i just got the new bellcrank in the truck new bearing and its free as a bird. Ive tried messing with the wheel on the transmitter leaning more toward that because as i found out the transmitter wasn't acually giving me full throw to the right. I literally had to twist with alot of force past the stop to get a slight bit more turn in the tranmitter wheel and it would full lock right. Now i played with the tension screw for steering and its all the way loose. Returns most of the time now with it once and a while not coming back. If i let it snap back it usually centers most of the way if i return it slow now it heads like a dead point. I've adjusted all the trims and end points for the servo won't over extend. Its really hard to explain but its like the steering had a dead point right in the middle. If i get it to that non center point i can bump it with the radio just a little and normally to me the car should bump the servo and return well it will bump a little at a time if i do so until it gets out of this dead point then it will twitch back. I'de like to try anouther radio system to see if that is my problem but all my other not so good radios are at my moms house. I'm leaning toward a transmitter issue and if it is i'll be mad as hell since its been doing this since it was new years ago when i stopped playing with the truck before.

can you take pics at all? just wondering what it looks like when it gets hung up like you are describing

I dont have pics wish i could get in where i need to take pics to show its clearing everything. But i swung by trackside to grab a glitchbuster so when it turns with the savox servo it wont kill the truck. A guy i usually race with was there and he said hey i have an extra spektrum transmiter want to try it and see. So i get my reciever to bind with his transmiter and took it out for a couple laps. Dialed the steering so it would drive straight and go figure it drives straight after turns no more dead spot. The truck would return to center everytime. Makes me so mad because ive owned this radio for Years and its always driven like this. I always thought it was just something in the steering and then i stopped driving the truck for just about forever so The radio is only really a couple weeks old but its for sure out of warranty. I'll drive it for now as its better with the tension turned down but eventually i'll get sick of it and will need a new radio. I may pop the case apart and see if maybe its a spring issue inside not returning properly. Maybe if i figure out how to get all the pics i can show you whats up.

Great that you found the issue!

While it sucks that you'd have to buy a new transmitter to "fix it", it is kinda nice that Spektrum sells their transmitters by themselves, so you can get a DX3S for $150 if thats the path you want to go

i think if i'm getting a new one i'm going to try something new and switch from spektrum

I just ordered a 4PL. I wanted to have the extra channels for the glitch buster and my own transponder and not have to Y into any channel. Fits my budget that I'm willing to spend on toys and I have experience with Futaba stuff. Maybe not the best option for the money, but with the tower discount it was only $210 since I'm a "super saver" member

Chris you get another truck

Not to hijack this thread too much...

I'm in the middle of debating what to get. I'm getting all the stuff surrounding the vehicle (battery, charger, tools, case, radio, esc...) and then deciding. I've always been a Losi guy but also might try something different.

SCTE vs. DESC410v2 (Team Durango)
    TLR 22 vs DEX210
    TLR 22SCT vs DESC210R

So 4x4, buggy, and a 2wd SCT. I gotta pick ONE, haha. Just sucks no one carries stuff. I'll probably hit the track this weekend if I decide quick enough. Might just go talk to Tony at Hobbytown and pick up the 4x4 SCTE and relish in the fact if I break something, more than likely its instock at hobbytown or trackside

i cant follow the 4x4's there too quick for my taste

yeah, i think its a bit fast for me too, but just like the trucks so much, haha. stopped in saturday afternoon/evening as things were winding down and saw some buggies and that looked like alot of fun too.

If you have any problem with spektrum call them up. I sent in my remote and they fixed it at no charge. I "claimed" I had it about a year and they never questioned it. Definetly try that. My family has a dx2, dx3, dx3r pro. And if we ever have an issue with any spektrum part they have excellent customer service!

And as far as the thread jacking on what to get you need to ask yourself what do you want to accomplish. If you are going to race, you should find out the biggest classes where you plan on racing. Right now it is difficult to see because everyone is at the out door tracks racing. But by the end of the month everyone will be back. In my opinion on the classes the stock sct is the biggest class followed by stock buggy then 4x4. With the new xxx-sct 22 you can bet that class will take off. Now with any new vehicle you always have to consider the fact that full part support will not be there until about a month. The usually have the basic parts you'll need but that is it. Hope this helps, maybe start a new thread though cuz I can see this blowing up soon!

Quote Originally Posted by LEWETHETIGER73 View Post
    If you have any problem with spektrum call them up. I sent in my remote and they fixed it at no charge. I "claimed" I had it about a year and they never questioned it. Definetly try that. My family has a dx2, dx3, dx3r pro. And if we ever have an issue with any spektrum part they have excellent customer service!

And as far as the thread jacking on what to get you need to ask yourself what do you want to accomplish. If you are going to race, you should find out the biggest classes where you plan on racing. Right now it is difficult to see because everyone is at the out door tracks racing. But by the end of the month everyone will be back. In my opinion on the classes the stock sct is the biggest class followed by stock buggy then 4x4. With the new xxx-sct 22 you can bet that class will take off. Now with any new vehicle you always have to consider the fact that full part support will not be there until about a month. The usually have the basic parts you'll need but that is it. Hope this helps, maybe start a new thread though cuz I can see this blowing up soon!
    I appreciate the advice. That is the ONLY thing holding me back right now, local hobby store support. I *WANT* the durango stuff, but the losi stuff is just too easy to find. The 22SCT stuff supposedly already has parts out from one of the threads on the rctech site as well. And then alot of the commonly shared parts are easy to get either for durango/losi. Honestly, I'd probably end up buying 2 of the three classes too. I know stock SCT is huge and I've seen stock buggy and those guys are tough. Still think its a cool class though. I just sometimes(even when it would be a benefit) hate having something that everyone else has. However, everyone having one also helps in the number of people to go to for assistance in a time of need

Since this thread is already irrelevant i say delete everything and make it chris's thread

But i did email them so i'll see what they say when and if i get a response.

naaaa....

hope you get a response. I saw you posted on the rcshortcourse site but did you get any help from those guys at all? ideas on the transmitter at all?

The short course guys just kept telling me set endpoints check for parts hanging up. Ive done it all three time lol i wouldn't be asking for help had i not tried everything i can think of. I may have or may not have gotten a 3pmx used on the way. I know the gf will browse this. I didn't order it yet

LMAO!!! I can understand that!