Senior Member..now yer posting!

1990 zx750 carb problems

Been having carb problems due to the crap gas around here. The carbs keep getting gummed up. I have cleaned the carbs at least a dozen times over the last year. EVERYTiME it runs great for a week or so. As soon as I let the bike sit for more than a couple days I have to clean the carbs again. Today I just removed the pod air filters, sprayed down the carbs and now it runs great. The carbs had a yellowish film in them, that once removed made it run like new again. Anyone else having the same problems? I have tried running 50/50 93 octane/. 112 leaded. All that did was make the film residue red... Oh and made it smell great! I also tried stabil, that didn't work either.
    1969 Torino

NEW BEST TIME
    12.8@105...if only my convertor wasnt a slipping pile of ^$(@

Senior Member..now yer posting! SSScottSS's Avatar
    No problems here. Just an idea though, maybe run some carb cleaner in the fuel? The kind you add to the gas when you fill up the tank? Or maybe some seafoam

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    I have actually tried both of those last year. Neither seemed to make a difference. The funny thing is, the bike runs great until it sits for a few days. After that, I need to clean the carbs again.
    1969 Torino

NEW BEST TIME
    12.8@105...if only my convertor wasnt a slipping pile of ^$(@

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pashtrd View Post
    I have actually tried both of those last year. Neither seemed to make a difference. The funny thing is, the bike runs great until it sits for a few days. After that, I need to clean the carbs again.
    If you think it's fuel/fuel quality related, I don't think it'd hurt to try a simple fuel treatment like stay-bil or particularly stuff that is formulated for gas mixed with eathanol like we have around here.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Post whore
    I think you have another issue. I run this gas in both of my carb'd atv's without any problems. I rebuilt/jet kit my carb over the winter and last week I did a small mod to the carb slide and my carbs inside is still clean. Maybe you have some crap inside your tank.