Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SC10 build

right now its a hitech i had laying around ordered a new savox the other day. i was looking at the avid bellcrank right after i got the integy one ordered both are aluminum so it shouldn't be too much difference. but i would have like the way the avid one looks better than the integy
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner

Integy should work well also. I use the savox 1258 in mine love it!
    -Eric

91 Mustang LX Coupe
    08 P71 Crown Vic

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    thats the part that sucks, is I know the TLR is good, I know parts are plentiful at Trackside too from when I had my xxx-sct. I was really disappointed to see(but totally understand their position) that Trackside got rid of all of their durango parts and kits. I just like to be different and really want a DEX-210 as well as the new DESC-410v2. But man are there some horror stories with those things on rctech.net. I had always read good things about those buggies in the past and thought they were the "cadillac" where TLR and Associated were the Chevy vs. Ford

Such a hard decision.

I would stay far far away from anything integy has ever made or will make. They copy other parts and use inferior materials with an almost guarunteed fail

well like i saidi had already hit the send button before i ran across the avid bellcrank which i kinda wish i would have ordered instead oh well we'll see how it holds up the plastic one is starting to fail now. so much play and the servo saver isn't holding tight so i'm loosing steering and its driving me nuts. The guy i work with tried to drive it to feel how my suspension was doing and he says to me the suspension looks great but here have your truck back i can't drive that thing i don't know how you drive it that way. his words almost exactly.

wheels came today more dye and the color i was looking for out of the other wheels yay need to glue them today and i should be all set for friday again since none of my other stuff will be here this week

Looking good! Good luck Friday. I'm gonna try and come watch and hopefully you guys get a huge turnout

seems the nicer the weather or hotter the fewer people show.

yeah, one of those odd things, during the summer the place isn't all that busy it seems(stopped in the other day). but during winter when nothing else to do, PACKED, haha.

Thats what i'm going with. In the summer theres more to do and better weather to do it in.

servo showed up today along with my hex drivers. getting really old changing stuff around with factory L wrenches lol Servo won't go in this week ive got the truck dialed pretty close last sunday i don't want to change it too much until i have to pull it apart for the steering rack any way. I can drive it the way it is kind of

which servo did you end up getting? the 1258?

trying to get some time to head out like I said. Moving in the A.M. to a house down the street and then I'll swing by your pit and say whats up tomorrow if I can sneak away.

yea its a 1258 np shouldn't be too hard to spot the green machine

Horrible night for me. I tried the new tires theyre just too new should have waited and left the holeshots on. the truck was good but as i got more frustrated i drove worse. 3rd to last in the A main wasn't bad for me i guess. But i am getting tired of trying to give the fast guys space just to have them clip me and spin me around. So over all it was a learnign curve on the new tires and i need to start driving more defensively instead of passively

sounds like you had a good time atleast!
    Last edited by Crawlin; 08-04-2012 at 06:33 AM.

Got new shoes. Jconcept 3d's on DE wheels. Forgot my magic recipe for the color wheels I liked and got a darker green again. Oh well just need to clean the tires up and glue them tomorrow.

i love those tires! my pressure points worked great compared to the stockers so hopefully those work some magic for you as well.

one thing I did notice, is your car hopped around alot compared to those faster guys. it isn't the driving style, but it just looked like the car had too much spring or something. every little bump made your truck rebound and look like it was a vibrating guitar string bouncing up and down, haha.

not that i'm knowledgeable in this stuff, so only take that observation for what its worth.

It's weird yea it's been driving better bouncy lol I need to rebuild the shocks with heavier oil. Then go back down a spring and retest. Haven't had time to mess with it yet

Finally decided to retire my very old novak ss 17.5 motor. I didn't get it before the race last night which i wasn't to worried i would put it in today after work.

Sweet i pull it out had to flip my ESC around so the sensor wire would reach got it all wired up i'm getting jacked up

get the new gears in and go to turn it on for a test run. Nothing.... WTF? the esc is sequentially flashing all the lights. Ok what the heck does that mean. Dig out the manual and find nothing in it? hmm google. found one hit on rctech someone was running a havac 2s and having same issue a year ago. Turns out what i think to be the speed control is only programed for novak motors :'( NOOOOOO Now what do i do? I like my novak's ive grown into them and they seem to be natural for me to tune now which i don't bother with usually any way i drive with my hands not the esc. So what do i do? Do i trade it in to novak and get a newer havok pro sc or do i start over and find something new i have no idea what i should do because my ss motor is under powered compared to almost everyone in the stock sc class. Sure i made the a main last night but i did that by driving now i want a motor to keep up. Sorry for my ranting i was all kinds of jacked and then slapped in the face

Quote Originally Posted by lilws6 View Post
    Finally decided to retire my very old novak ss 17.5 motor. I didn't get it before the race last night which i wasn't to worried i would put it in today after work.

Sweet i pull it out had to flip my ESC around so the sensor wire would reach got it all wired up i'm getting jacked up

get the new gears in and go to turn it on for a test run. Nothing.... WTF? the esc is sequentially flashing all the lights. Ok what the heck does that mean. Dig out the manual and find nothing in it? hmm google. found one hit on rctech someone was running a havac 2s and having same issue a year ago. Turns out what i think to be the speed control is only programed for novak motors :'( NOOOOOO Now what do i do? I like my novak's ive grown into them and they seem to be natural for me to tune now which i don't bother with usually any way i drive with my hands not the esc. So what do i do? Do i trade it in to novak and get a newer havok pro sc or do i start over and find something new i have no idea what i should do because my ss motor is under powered compared to almost everyone in the stock sc class. Sure i made the a main last night but i did that by driving now i want a motor to keep up. Sorry for my ranting i was all kinds of jacked and then slapped in the face
    That sucks man. Sorry to hear that and suprised thats how it is. I would even ask scotty at trackside about it and see whT he says in regards to what you found out. Its hard to think that you cant run anything else.

Question thouh... Do you have reverse disabled on the esc? If so try switching the direction on the esc. My tekin rx8 and tenshock411 motor was actually reverse direction in standard settings so with reverse disabled in my programming it didnt work at all.

Just something to try