Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SC10 build

SC10 build

Well figured since i've made one race and now i'll be hooked on this offroad sc racing i'de make a build thread of my sc10 since when i raced it it was bone stock. Couldn't hook the tires no matter what i tried. I ordered some proline tires a new body since mines been bashed to hell. ordered some 2 lipo batteries to catch up with the times I'm running a havoc spec brushless system 17.5 stock. I'll need a new servo seems its not quick enough for what i want so i'll be upgrading that soon i think.
    Started with this.

got new wheels with same stock tires(don't hook at all )

Today i boiled the silver wheels to unglue the tires. stripped the silver paint mostly off (became impatient) and dyed them green to match what i want to do to the new body.
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner

Nice, what kind of tires you going with? I run rebars which I really like for the great side bite into turns, and I know a lot of people prefer barcodes. But I am not a fan of those personally.And as far as the servo goes, I have a new spektrum metal gear hi torq servo for sale. $50 but I don't remember the part number off hand. I think it is the 6040. In any case I will have it at the track this friday. You going?

i'm hoping my stuff comes in by then. i think i ordered holeshot v2 they look different then the holeshots i used to remember and i like you don't like the barcodes. seems like everyones running them so i wanted to try something new. If all my stuff gets here by friday i want to give the servo a shot yet witht he new tires see if its just not the tires sliding causing the slow reaction or the servo. i know i have a metal gear in it. Just as of last friday it felt sluggish

ok so just incase i don't get my tires by friday which i don't think will be a problem. But as a back up set i took my black wheel stockers and made them well more interesting. they feel like they have loads more grip but i guess i won't know until they hit the clay may have to hit up a practice day to see how they do. Again they are intended as a back up set of tires

compared to what they used to be

Also you should try to clean the tires with simple green and water mix. Let dry and then spray with motor spray.

ive done the simple green but not motor spray

It works pretty good on my rebars. But it also has thinner lugs

I have run rebars, beams and barcodes on my 2wd sc10 all worked good. Will have to see how the new jconcepts 3d's will do at trackside maybe ill try them too.
    Last edited by 1fast2litre; 07-24-2012 at 05:35 PM.
    -Eric

91 Mustang LX Coupe
    08 P71 Crown Vic

set back i ordered the incorrect lipo's for my truck i ordered a soft pack for airplanes and they won't fit in my tray ordered a new set should be here hopefully befor friday but not holding my breath now i have to send a set back to hong kong no less lol other parts should have arrived today but ups didn't leave them i have to sign oh well i'm off tomarrow and i'll get them and get the truck done for friday no matter what lol even if i have to use my NiMh yet they worked once

Tires and body came today. Got the tires glued and the body painted and a few decals on. I seem to have misplaced my reamer so the mounting and flotec fins may have to wait until anouther time might just run the stock body this friday. Lipo's should show up tomarrow and i should be ready to go these tire just look and feel so sticky is that a good thing?

Looks like it's really coming together! You can just use my reamer at the track on friday. I'll probably be at the end of the row towards a ceiling fan. My vehicle colors are yellow, green, pink and I have an orange and white remote. Just stop by.

I might just leave it this week. I dunno lol we'll see but so far just seeing these tires I like them a lot

what class you runnin in?

Right now I am only running stock buggy. Seeing as how my shortcourse truck has been converted to drag car. For now. Otherwise I run stock sc, 4x4 sc, and stock buggy

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    Truck looks really nice! Makes me want another one now that I'm moving to a house thats by Watertown Plank and 124th. So right down the street. ahaha

random Q - what buggy are you running? do you see more of the B4.1's, TLR22's, Durango's, or Kyosho's at Trackside? I'm assuming ALOT of B4's since it seems the SC10's dominate the 2wd SC last time I was there
    Last edited by Crawlin; 07-27-2012 at 10:12 AM.

guy i work with is running a blitz thats walking me and keeping up with the fast guys/gals at the track. I was watching buggies today and really starting to want one. there quick light and running stock motors lol. I thought i had my truck dialed tonight and it didn't pay off just got loose maybe too much throttle. Might swing down sunday for some track practice get some more wheel time with the lipo's good god do those make a difference.

Right now the buggy to get is the tlr22. Thats what I run and about 85% of the people run them.

With track time today i got the suspension where i think i need it. I've got to work on some steering play. Truck holds to the right or left after turns. noticed alot of play in the steering rack. Going to try anouther set of tires when they show up this week as well. Finally finished the flo-tec body. alot of holes to cut out hopefully this will help with my parachuting

Chris as far as buggies go I'd get the TLR 22 by far the most popular right now. B4.1 Worlds would be my second choice which is also very good.
    -Eric

91 Mustang LX Coupe
    08 P71 Crown Vic

Quote Originally Posted by lilws6 View Post
    With track time today i got the suspension where i think i need it. I've got to work on some steering play. Truck holds to the right or left after turns. noticed alot of play in the steering rack. Going to try anouther set of tires when they show up this week as well. Finally finished the flo-tec body. alot of holes to cut out hopefully this will help with my parachuting
    what servo do you run? I have the AVID steering bellcrank in my SC10 ......AWESOME!! I recommend it for sure
    -Eric

91 Mustang LX Coupe
    08 P71 Crown Vic