New truck? Techs and sales needed.

I am looking at getting a newer truck to replace the old and failing F-150. I will not be buying a Non-Diesel this time.

Both are a 2011 one is a Dodge 2500 Big Horn edition, I really like this truck plus the lot its at the salesman isn't a dick. Just a bit nervous about Dodge and there past issues with front ends and transmission problems. Did they fix these last year? I was talking to a tech at Hipster and he told me that the new 6 speed Autos were as strong as the GM Allisions. This is a used truck with 33k on the ticker which the pistons prob haven't seated yet. It has typical fit and finish problems that all Dodges have.

The Ford is also a 2011 F-250 but its a XLT the only thing going for this truck is the 6.7 TD. Its a 2011 that they couldn't move last year and guess what they didn't sell it during the 2013 year lol losers. The salesmen are being dicks. Almost to the point that will never buy a Ford again and forget about going back to the dealership.

So sales, and Diesel tech please enlighten me on what you know. And lets keep it tech without the "I love Ford/Dodge/GM because it cooler than the others".

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregor View Post
    I was talking to a tech at Hipster and he told me that the new 6 speed Autos were as strong as the GM Allisions.
    I am not sure that I would venture to say it is "as strong" but it's not terribly far off. The allison features larger diameter input shaft and clutches (the same is true for the ford trans)...but both are engineered for medium duty truck applications, and the aisin is a huge step up from the lighter duty mopar based transmission that used to be utilized behind cummins.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!