Smile whinning rear end

I had tom,bad ls1, change the rear end gears on my ws.6 about 3 years ago to motive 3:73. Never could get the whine out,now I can not stand it anymore. Would like either new motive 3:73 gears installed or I will go back to my stock 3:23 which worked perfect. any suggestions on who could help me out? Rick
    Ricks WS.7

Rick,

Tomorrow we're having our carshow/open house/ dyno day. stop out and chat with us. We can set your rearend up how you would like. Or give us a call monday.

Jeff

1999 C5 TT street car - 901/881 on pump gas, 10.82@137mph
    2013 Denali Duramax

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    you probably would be happiest going back to stock...it's been my experience that aftermarket performance gears are just loud...but if you're looking at sticking w/ 3.73's, don't go with motive...very good chance that they'll remain pretty loud regardless of who installs them. Maybe look to Yukon's or someone who advertises quiet gears.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

My richmond 3.73 gears Tom installed are silent. He also put in a 4.10 set that was loud. Went back to the 3.73 and is silent again. I think I would try a different brand as they seem to be hit or miss.
    03 Terminator Vert
    06 TL

Thank you for the help. I will come there tom. and talk with you jeff
    Ricks WS.7

Talked to Jeff and mike at the show, dyno tune today and it looks like it is back to stock gears for me. Only way to make it quiet again. Thanks for the replies,Rick
    Ricks WS.7

Grandpa Grocery Getter 2.0 wrath's Avatar
    Cheap aftermarket gears are just that: cheap aftermarket gears. Richmond or Spicer are my choice. If it's a newer GM it's probably got factory gears from AAM. Anything that is factory is going to be designed for NVH as well as strength. So, if you can find the ratio you want at the dealership I'd get those.
    Buy made in the United States. Otherwise your job might be next. Unless you already wear black shoes and a visor with golden arches on it to work in which case your fellow american has already failed you.

got the car back today with the stock gears back in. I can now enjoy the car again!! Thank you to Late model throttle for fixing my car. Rick
    Ricks WS.7