Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zx14r opinions?

Yeah I am really taking it easy right now. It's in mode "C" which is actually really slow. I am getting used to the bike and extra weight that comes with it. Where do I go for the ecu interface, and where in chitown to get it tuned? Any other info you want to give me on what I will "want" later on? HAHA.
    12 Suzuki Hayabusa Turbo
    12 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
    04 Pontiac GTO
    72 Pontiac GTO

Senior Member..now yer posting! SSScottSS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by loud91rs View Post
    , and I will be posting pictures soon.
    It's been almost a month! Lets see some pics!! I'm sure it looks pretty much like most, but I still like looking at them.

Here are some pictures of my wife's bike and mine after a ride at hogs back. Over 600 fun miles on it, and am still loving every bit of the bike. Just got my leather pants today so a trip to the grove might be in order soon. The only thing I have done to it isn't pictured but it now has a fender eliminator.

12 Suzuki Hayabusa Turbo
    12 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
    04 Pontiac GTO
    72 Pontiac GTO

brocks exhaust. buddy had an 08 Orange with the brocks alien head exhaust god was it loud but sounded great! with the pc tuned up for it he dynoed it at 182 to the rear tire. I wish i could buy a newer one there so smooth but i like my 06 too much and i can't have both
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner

The Broke & The Furious BR3W CITY's Avatar

A zx14 is one of the few bikes I'd ever consider getting back on. I've had 2 kawi's and loved them, the 14 would just be king of the hill.
    Looks VERY nice in black! I don't know why though, but I always feel like they can handle a slight stretch on the swingarm, putting the rear tire a bit more "Even" with the rear seat/fender. Thats just me nitpicking though, even in stockish form they are impressive bikes.
    BREW CITY // Forever in ink.
    '66 Chevy Stepside / Big Cam LQ4 / Posi / Lowered / Built 4L80e

Senior Member..now yer posting! SSScottSS's Avatar
    I used to think the Busa was downright ugly, but over the years its looks have really grown on me. Maybe I like it's looks better since I know how much more enjoyable it would be over my gixxer? Two good looking bikes!! Thanks for sharing

I used to feel the same way about the looks of the busa, but now after riding one I would never go back to anything smaller unless it was basically a dedicated track bike. The busa is so comfortable. That aspect has made it really grow on me.
    12 Suzuki Hayabusa Turbo
    12 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
    04 Pontiac GTO
    72 Pontiac GTO

Thats what made me buy a busa very confortable for normal riding. a smaller bike would be a toy for me now. i can practically drag a knee on the busa. its not a light bike to move around but it can be done Ive personally always like the way the busa has looked but its an aquired taste
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner

I bought a new one a couple months back. I am happy with it. As far as it vs the hayabusa (which I have also owned) I do not see much difference in performance. Buddy has a 2011 Hayabusa and as far as 0-60 I pull ahead a little at 100 he catches up we are kneck and kneck till a bit after the 1/4 mile then I start pulling up over him again. We both are stock about the same size and ability. We gave also swapped bikes and the same thing happens. When I first got the bike we did lots of "testing" good time. I think the zx14 is a bit over hipped. 1/4 mile I would say is a coin flip from what we saw.