Orbital waxer/buffer use?

I was at Sears the other day and they had a 10" orbital waxer machine with a few different pads and covers there for half off, it was $35. I've never been real big on waxing and polishing, mainly because I don't want to bother with the effort. Would this waxer be useful or are those machines more hassle that their worth?

Quote Originally Posted by badass88gt View Post
    I was at Sears the other day and they had a 10" orbital waxer machine with a few different pads and covers there for half off, it was $35. I've never been real big on waxing and polishing, mainly because I don't want to bother with the effort. Would this waxer be useful or are those machines more hassle that their worth?
    I wouldn't bother with a buffer it's a porter cable, dewalt, makita something well known. I love my PC7424. But with the use of a buffer you can bring a car from old to almost new again.

This was your typical beat up Tailgate

92 Bimini Blue Coupe ZZZZzzzzZZZ
    2003 DSG Cobra

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude
    Function:Error
    IF IT DOESN'T HAVE TITS, A TRIGGER, OR THROTTLE I'M NOT INTERESTED

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Yep. Definitely worth it if you do your research, and do a quality job with a quality machine.

I spent about 6 hours detailing my car back in the day and the results were jaw dropping. It was a red car that was almost pink due to the clear coat clouding up and oxidizing...when I was finished it was a deep, glossy, gorgeous red, looked probably better than it did coming off the showroom floor.

I washed, claybarred it, washed again, dried really good, then used the buffer with a fine cutting compound, washed again, then a few coats of wax.
    2008 Saab 9-7x Aero
    1986 Mazda RX-7 13B Turbo
    2002 Saturn SC2 - Clean, low, slow daily
    2000 Saturn SC1 - RWD project, broken
    1996 Suzuki Bandit 600
    1997 Golf GTI mid engine vr6

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    When it comes to buffers and doing a real buff/wax job then you need something like this:

Something like this is only good for merely spreading wax around....

All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    OH, yeah, forgot to mention that. I borrowed mine from a friend who works in a body shop.
    2008 Saab 9-7x Aero
    1986 Mazda RX-7 13B Turbo
    2002 Saturn SC2 - Clean, low, slow daily
    2000 Saturn SC1 - RWD project, broken
    1996 Suzuki Bandit 600
    1997 Golf GTI mid engine vr6

so im looking to do this to my car but rent the meterials anyone give me an idea of what il want and where i can learn to use the equipment XD

Post whore
    How and where are you gonna rent compounds and waxes?

Post whore
    One good tip is when your buffing don't press down, let the weight of the buffer do the work and don't spend too much time on corners and edges. The clear will burn fast.

I am not exactly sure where you can find a place to rent the specific tools from, but as far as learning how to use it, you should watch a bunch of youtube vids and find something to practice on. It is very easy to mar up the paint ESPECIALLY if you try messing around with a rotary having little or no experience.
    I offer online scheduling using BookFresh