Grandpa Grocery Getter 2.0 wrath's Avatar

Is this a Bolens 1050?

Few more pictures here

Engine isn't original to it and the ID plate is missing. I don't know much about the old tube-framed Bolens and it looks like a 1050 to me. But I've never seen a tube-framed Bolens with a 2-arm loader on it before. Seems to be something wrong with the transmission, doesn't want to move in high range without locking the hub.

Buy made in the United States. Otherwise your job might be next. Unless you already wear black shoes and a visor with golden arches on it to work in which case your fellow american has already failed you.

Looks like one to me. This is how the 1050 looked before restoration. The 850 would have a different high-low lever, so that is definitely a 1050.

Should have a Wisconsin 10 hp engine (TRA-10D) in it. Loaders are around, even for tube frames. Johnson made some and I forgot what other companies, otherwise people just fabricated other brand loaders to them. The big frames with loaders don't have much lifting power, so I can't see that lifting a lot either.
    Last edited by michelle; 05-06-2012 at 10:25 AM.
    --Michelle--

Quote Originally Posted by Myles View Post
    Who let you out of the kitchen.
    Quote Originally Posted by -stew- View Post
    Fucking burn!!!! He's gonna have to change his name to Waver... cuz he just got neutered.

Please tell me that is Adam posting with Michelle's log on.

Afraid not. ):
    --Michelle--

Fucking burn!!!! He's gonna have to change his name to Waver... cuz he just got neutered.

Still haven't figured out the transmission issue. Looks like someone took a hammer to the lockout at one time so I guess I'll have to look at the parts manual to figure out how it works.

So far, I stuck a Franklin stove in the bucket to lift it into the back of the truck. Not sure what one weighs.
    Buy made in the United States. Otherwise your job might be next. Unless you already wear black shoes and a visor with golden arches on it to work in which case your fellow american has already failed you.

Do you have a parts manual? Otherwise sign up on gttalk.com and you can find any manual that you could ever want.
    --Michelle--

By any chance do you happen to know which model tractors I can use for spare parts? Pulled the pinion and found that the bronze ring gear is toast. Probably cheaper to buy a whole tractor than parts but I don't see a lot of 1050s listed nearby.