Thread: Brass wanted

Vintage Racer

Brass wanted

Like it says I'm looking for once fired or new unfired (unlikely) brass. I'm after 8x57mm Mauser brass, must be reloadable of course, no mil-surp stuff. Dont care who manufactured it originally.

Again specifically I am after the 8x57mm Mauser brass. Will pay for it don't expect anything for free.
    Beater: 96 Dodge 1500 5.9 4x4 trans fixed!!
    Toys: 70 Saab 99 GT3/GTU, 54 Chevy Bel Air Sedan

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    fletchers has all sorts of once fired brass check em out. i get my 9mm, 40, and 30 carbine when they have it.

Vintage Racer
    Think they would have 8x57 if they're a pistol range? I guess they could if someone just dumped it off, I'll give them a call. Thanks for the tip.

Dusting off my knick knack... MurphysLaw88GT's Avatar
    I have some unfired Norma brass in the basement new in the boxes. Kind of steep though and I do not have much anymore.

I would buy Privi Partisan for the 13.99 a box and then you will have nice Boxer primed brass, and will be once-fired when you are done.

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    30 carbine is a rifle round and they always have random rifle calibers. So yeah I think it would be worth a shot.

Vintage Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by MurphysLaw88GT View Post
    I have some unfired Norma brass in the basement new in the boxes. Kind of steep though and I do not have much anymore.

I would buy Privi Partisan for the 13.99 a box and then you will have nice Boxer primed brass, and will be once-fired when you are done.
    Yeah this would just be for hunting and plinking rounds. I don't need match grade stuff. Where did you find prvi partisan primed brass? I haven't looked much yet but have a few magazines and catalogues to go through.

Just buy loaded stuff for 13.00 bucks a box from AIM Surplus, either blast and then have once fired stuff or buy to pull down for components. Look for NNY headstamped stuff.
    http://www.aimsurplus.com/catalog.as...id=42&name=8mm

Also sold as "Wolf Gold". Privi Partisan has decent brass. I have seen it for sale even at Fleet Farm in Germantown, they want 17.00 a box though.

I have some once fired PPU, only one box of 20 at the moment. If you had to have it you are welcome to it.

Vintage Racer
    It's not a huge deal, I have 40rds loaded up currently. Have another 60 bullets, working on acquiring some primers from armslist, and almost a full pound of Hodgdon H495 (minus 40 bullets worth at 44gr). I haven't seen much of anything at Fleet Farm for 8mm, only saw a box of remington and federal ammo for $32 for 20, never saw any reloading stuff. I'd have to go check again.

Thanks for the link to the site, if you don't need the brass I'd be willing to snag it from you but not a crucial thing, especially if you load yourself, then i'd just order new stuff.

You can have the once fired stuff I have if you want it. Only one box of 20. If I get to a post office I can snag a flat rate box and ship it out to you, as it is probably not worth your time to drive here for it unless you had to have the stuff right now. And if so send a PM.

Vintage Racer
    Where are you located? I might get into the area on weekends

NW side of town. Near 94 and T.

Vintage Racer
    Is that near waukesha?

Yes. City of