Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mower troubles

Quote Originally Posted by bikedad View Post
    I'm sorry. I forgot to specify that my pressure washer is now about 4 years old (purchased late in the season). I did the rebuild about 2 years ago.
    On your diagram of the "Overhaul Kit" I believe it was the part "163" gasket.

My Briggs motor is black in color and has the 6.5HP on the top cover where the one you show in the link is red.
    Ahh that makes sence that its older than a year old. That 163 gasket is the one that goes between the air cleaner backing plate and the carb its self. That one i have seen cause starting issues because if it leaks, primarily due to a warped backing plate it wont let the primer bulb pressurize the bowl of the cab to enrich for cold start. not sure if yours is equipped with a choke vs a primer bulb however. This gasket has zero to do with the carb its self, but could cause a potential no/hard start if its a primer style.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

Bad Float? See this all the time in snow blowers. See if the float is saturated and no longer "floating".

2006 roadking custom. KF 9000 Champion 0TransAm0's Avatar
    With Toms help I was able to take it apart a bit and find a bent intake pushrod. My phone sucks and is taking way to long to
    Try and upload the pic.

Not surprised Tom knew what was up. He is the B&S man.