Threaded View

A little more about "Marla":
    She smokes...in the morning, after riding for a while, after a good thrashing.
    She is modified...i'm not sure what is factory...one mirror is square and the other is round.
    She has been around the block with waaaaay too many boys (owners).
    She has spent some time in barns, hiding.

One feature that stands out on this bike is its 8 inch diameter headlight. I think Honda borrowed it from
    an airplane because it lights up the road better than any vehicle I have ever been on.

Quote Originally Posted by SSScottSS View Post
    What are your plans for her? Shine her up and keep her stock, or turn her
    into a cafe bike?
    I love the cafe style, but I think this bike is a bit too large to be a true cafe. Some of the cafe purists I have come
    across will say "that bike is too big to be a cafe." I once replied, "that's what they said about your mother, but that
    didn't stop her."

The picture in my mind is 80% cafe/20% Mad Max (monster bike?).

-I want to shorten the seat and eliminate any part of the frame past the rear shock mounts.
    -I thing a 4-2-1 exhast would be an improvement with the muffler underneath the frame.
    -Replace the "lunch box" brake light (it is huge) when I shorten the frame. I want a brake light that flickers when on.
    -Straighter handlebars (but no clip ons)
    -Make two saddle(?) boxes. Preferably wood with finger or dovetail joints. 8w x 16l x12h.
    Figure out some removeable cantilever mount so that they look like they are "floating" near the rear tire.
    -Weld a metal spike on it somewhere and put a doll's head on it.

I already bought a can of chalkboard pain for the tank and side covers. I thought it would be a good idea to take the bike down
    to a place like "The Exit" in Chicago and leave a box of chalk on the seat and a little sign that says "use chalk on tank...have fun"
    and keep a photo diary of what people write on Marla.

I want to try tuning this bike somehow. So far, I have found very few performance parts. The engine is sourced
    from a cb750, so that should make things easier.
    Last edited by Al; 04-12-2012 at 03:23 PM.
    When Injustice Becomes Law; Rebellion Becomes Duty