Quote Originally Posted by frank_zappa_is_dead View Post
Those old hondas go forever!
You are correct when you say that it will "go forever," but this bike's engine has lost a significant amount of pressure in two of its cylinders.

I was riding through Brookfield about 3 weeks ago when my engine was running rough. I thought it was a fuel issue, such as air caught in the fuel line. I looked behind me and saw a thick grey cloud, which was coming out of my left exhaust pipe. I rode it straight home and started to perform a variety of tests on the engine and ignition. After checking the valve adjustments, I narrowed the problem down to either worn piston rings or poorly seating/damaged valves.

Time for a tear-down...then a rebuild.

Milwaukee Cycle salvage has a cb1100f engine. I'll start with that and bore it out to accept a set of Wiseco pistons.

PICS FROM THE PAST!!!

A hot evening in July:

Back when I was dealing with 5th gear:

I Could not get the engine in the frame, so I put the frame around the engine. A purist will cry at this.

The Oil Dry bag was comfortable to sit on. I never really had to open it until I knocked a bottle of oil over:

This is a pic of the day I broke down in Villa Park, IL. My stator was grounding and the bike was not charging.

I have NO intentions of selling this bike at this point.