Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Broke & The Furious BR3W CITY's Avatar

Thats actually not bad. I didn't know how it would work out of state.
    BREW CITY // Forever in ink.
    '66 Chevy Stepside / Big Cam LQ4 / Posi / Lowered / Built 4L80e

Quote Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
    Thats actually not bad. I didn't know how it would work out of state.
    They would have to ship it to a dealer in WI who would then transfer it to you. FTF sales across state lines is illegal.

Type 07/02 FFL - Manufacturer and Dealer of Firearms, including NFA Firearms
    sales@reapertactical.com
    Serial number requests available for RT15 receivers!!
    7% discount for BCM members (one discount applies per item)

"Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch."

Vintage Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by fivonut View Post
    They would have to ship it to a dealer in WI who would then transfer it to you. FTF sales across state lines is illegal.
    Hippie liberal crap lol. I understand it to some extent but still kinda lame
    Beater: 96 Dodge 1500 5.9 4x4 trans fixed!!
    Toys: 70 Saab 99 GT3/GTU, 54 Chevy Bel Air Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by 350-Z28 View Post
    Hippie liberal crap lol. I understand it to some extent but still kinda lame
    I agree. You'd probably never even hear a word if you did go and pick it up, but all it would take is for you to be the unlucky one and you'd find yourself facing federal charges.

sales@reapertactical.com

"Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch."

how can they prove it? or that any of my existing guns which were ftf sales didn't come across state lines?
    I don't want to poke the bear, but that doesn't mean I agree with the bear.

how can they prove it? or that any of my existing guns which were ftf sales didn't come across state lines?
    I don't want to poke the bear, but that doesn't mean I agree with the bear.
    In Illinois guns are registered (I believe, I'm not 100% familiar with IL laws). There's a paper trail of ownership there. All it would take is a crime trace showing that the last known owner was an IL resident. That resident would have to provide information of the new owner which means they should provide a WI dealers name. If there isn't a WI dealer with that firearm in their books, you're busted. I don't agree with the bear either, and I also don't think the bear is smart enough to actually prove anything, but I wouldn't want to start that fight with it!!

sales@reapertactical.com

fair enough. I'm guessing that if they came here to ftf purchase, then they would be in ownership of an un-registered gun, which down there is a crime. Makes sense.

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    they dont the Fed's do and its mandatory prison time there is no plea bargaining,its not worth it

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

I've seen the ammo, but went to 3 gun stores this weekend and didn't see anything in 6.5 in the savage's

Again, is it even possible to just buy a reciever/action and build it "kit" style like you can with all the AR stuff? .
    Cabelas had a 6.5x284 in stock 2 weeks ago, higher end model at $798. Gun was fluted, machined and beutiful.
    http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/a...s/IMG_0445.jpg
    No you can not bolt together bolt action guns, special headspacing and other tools required and those are specific to make.
    Almost forgot to mention the NEF/ Handi rifles, break action and accurate. I have write ups on the Handi forums on mods to those guns.
    http://sites.google.com/site/russjerome/
    Watching the country collapse in front of me while nobody else notices...

I was just out there, didn't see that beauty! damn thats pretty sweet.
    I'm gonna hit the show in Madison this weekend to see if I can find a nice used piece to start from as a base. (Russ, thanks for answering the "kit build" issue)

Hoping I can find something out there, if I can't find what I want for the money...I might just pick up a mosin and work on my shooting while I look for a better base in the cal's I'm interested in.

The new Shooting Illustrated has an article about building a bolt gun.
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

I've perused some threads on THR etc, and it seems like 7.62 and .308 are better choices in the 400-1000yd range (NO I don't claim to be able to hit a wall at a 1000yds, just a point of reference) I know 7.62 is usually a bit cheaper, but .308 is readily available anywhere.
    Which 7.62? x39,x54r,x51?
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    from the thread linked above:

All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

\/ What amazing looks like \/
    Quote Originally Posted by GTSLOW View Post
    from the thread linked above:

I saw that and laughed pretty hard

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Power View Post
    Which 7.62? x39,x54r,x51?
    Initially I looked at 39 until i realized what I was doing, once I checked out 54r, the price difference I saw wasn't exactly what I thought.

w00t gun show ftw. I was about to be pissed after driving to madison, and seeing an entire building of only old 7mm and beat 30-06 guns, or new shit all of which was overpriced....and I couldn't find a used savage in .308...and on the way out the door there back the backside of a vendor rack I hadn't seen. The guys had it setup so you'd have to be behind the table to even see it; they just didn't care. Ended up being a pawn shop, but they had a Stevens Model 200 (i think its the "varmiteer" version with the blackout bolt handle, sling points and rails on the action). Anyway, with about 20 min left before closing I lowballed them and within $10 we set a deal. Gun looked a bit dirty in the barrel and had some scuff marks on the stock.
    We get it home to find out that the gun looks to be...never fired. No wear on the bolt face, no wear or suit at all on the blind mag. The barrel was dirty from sitting upright in a pawn shop, and 1 pass with hoppes it was clean as new. Ends up being a centerfeed gun, and from what I can find out looks to be no more than about 4 years old. Not bad at all

I'll toss up some pics, but we'll be doing a new stock setup, and converting it to run the extended drop out mags. I was going to rebarrel because I wanted something longer, but since this one is so clean I'll be keeping it as is for now. Need to get my optics mounted up as well, and see if my existing bipod setup will work with it.

Fwiw, I ended up with a like new (if not actually "new") gun and a box of ammo for nearly $100 LESS than the cheapest Savage/stevens on armslist.

I have a slightly used Remington 700 SPS in 30-06, looking for $550.00 out the door. I can email pics if anyone is interested.

We'll be in Waukesha April 20-22

Second Amendment = Reset button for the Constitution.
    17 Yr. GM Master Technician, (Ret.)
    Type 01-Federal Firearms License Holder
    Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Contact me with your firearm needs
    '02 FLHTCUI- 95"- 106HP

Thanks but in my last post I bought a new gun. Appreciate the offer tho.
    Already have it ripped apart and waiting for a m5 drop mag kit. We are starting some work on a fiberglass custom stock; probably going to be WAY more work than its worth, but should be fun.

Got around to those pics. Ignore the sharpie marks on the stock, its getting changed out for a custom one, but we needed to mark some things to measure.

Picked up an M5 drop mag kit with a new aluminum trigger guard. Ordering a Whidders v-block to bed in the custom stock we are working on .