Thread: 300ZX Tuning

300ZX Tuning

What would your comfort level be installing an AEM EMS in a 300zx TT and doing a full tune?

Thanks!
    Nick Andersen
    andersen.nickj@gmail.com

2011 Volkswagen GTI
    2002 Lexus IS300 - Sold

For Sale - Enkei Kojin 18x8.5 5x114.3 +35 wheels/Hankook tires

PS3 tage: DSMDuDE

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    FWIW I believe Nistune type 2 supports the Z32 ECU. Definitely something to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by DSMDuDE View Post
    What would your comfort level be installing an AEM EMS in a 300zx TT and doing a full tune?

Thanks!
    Nick give us a call.

1999 C5 TT street car - 901/881 on pump gas, 10.82@137mph
    2013 Denali Duramax

I will have to research that. Better option then Ems?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Nick Andersen
    andersen.nickj@gmail.com

2011 Volkswagen GTI
    2002 Lexus IS300 - Sold

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    Quote Originally Posted by DSMDuDE View Post
    I will have to research that. Better option then Ems?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    I responded to your PM as well.

Here is my general take on stuff like this. Unless there is a good reason that the stock computer can not be used or there is a limitation in the stock programming I generally feel tuning on stock hardware is a better option. Probably one of the biggest reasons is because the knock control/detection is superior on the stock hardware/algorithms than the aftermarket standalones. Obviously if it is an OBD-II car and you have any reason to worry about emissions then you need to keep OBD as well which means keeping the stock computer. Finally IMHO the stock computers are in most cases a more quality piece of hardware.

That's not to say standalones don't have their place. In fact I have owned quite a few standalone cars, as well as tuned tons of them. They work very well to simplify things for a more race oriented car. Converting to speed density, and having a single unit to control all of your maps, well as any additional features or power adders (nitrous, water/meth injection, etc) sure is nice.

What it all boils down to is:
    For a "street car" build a good tuning system on the stock hardware is usually best
    For a "race car" build a standalone is usually best.

Post whore
    If you go with the AEM make sure you get the V2 box. There are more options and you won't have to wire in a Injector resistor box if you don't already have one from the factory.

What year model is your TT300zx? There are 2 different ecm types. I may be able to tune and burn a chip with equipment i already have. I agree with Murray. If you have options for tuning the stock ecm or your engine combination does not exceed what the stock ecm can control,then there really isnt a need for it.
    70 RS roller,painted and waiting
    99 Formula M6 APS twin turbo 426ci LQ4
    05 2500HD
    01 Golf TDI DD Stage 2 Malone Tune 128whp 235tq 52.5 mpg
    71 GSX clone soon to be LSX powered

http://www.latemodelthrottle.com/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy View Post
    What year model is your TT300zx? There are 2 different ecm types. I may be able to tune and burn a chip with equipment i already have. I agree with Murray. If you have options for tuning the stock ecm or your engine combination does not exceed what the stock ecm can control,then there really isnt a need for it.
    PM'd
    Nick Andersen
    andersen.nickj@gmail.com

2011 Volkswagen GTI
    2002 Lexus IS300 - Sold