Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    One thing that I've learned over the years is to not skimp when it comes to buying a chainsaw.
    Forget price, buy quality. I like Stihl.
    1969 Camaro SS, 350(NOM), M21, 12 Bolt Posi, 01B LOS Build

You get what you pay for. My Honda mower and snowblower that I bought forever ago still run like new. Replaced them with newer models. The only trimmer I ever bought was a Honda. One had gotten stolen. I've only had Stihl blowers and a chainsaw. Stihl & Honda are what I recommenced based on my personal experience.
    2007 Lexus LS460
    2013 Toyota Tundra Rock Warrior
    2011 Toyota Camry SE V6

Grandpa Grocery Getter 2.0 wrath's Avatar
    I have an antique Ryobi line trimmer that I bought new 18 years ago at a place called Quality Farm and Fleet (now defunct) when I used to mow lawns for a summer job. Never done any maintenance ever. I think the key to buying crap is to see what it's made from. Some stuff is easily identified as junk. Some stuff is worth buying junk because it's disposable or cobble-able.
    Buy made in the United States. Otherwise your job might be next. Unless you already wear black shoes and a visor with golden arches on it to work in which case your fellow american has already failed you.

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    Echo and Stihl are the best string trimmers you can buy hands down. Every lawn care company in the area will use one of those two brands almost exclusively. Nothing wrong with the Honda or Tanakas either however....those work awesome as well.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Go all out and get the stihl weed wacker that you can change the implement on the end... so it can be a weed wacker, an edger, or small till.
    Don't need it to do anything but trim really so I'll be getting one of the newer Echo SRM series with the steel driveshaft. Their i-starters are mega badass....don't even have to prime the damn thing half the time!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

I think I may have jinxed myself... The weedwacker won't start... I haven't tried cleaning the carb or anything like that yet...

Oh well, it was only $39.
    Thanks,
    Joe Reichard
    2007 Saab 9-5 Aero
    2010 Saab 9-3 2.0T 6-Speed Manual... It's my wife's and she lets me drive it from time to time...
    2002 Saab 9-3 Viggen Convertible
    1995 Saab 900 Turbo Convertible

^^^^^^^^^^^

I think that's right!