Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Cant wait to see the finished parts. Looks likes some serious gasket matching going on...

Me too, they have a good turn around, I'd guess early next week for sure.
    -Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

God Bless the men & women who have served and serving to keep us free

I've been working so much that work on the car is next to impossible to do. Today I was able to spend some time.

Heat exchanger

Ported work from Stiegemeier

Fore injector spacers. They are not a good fit. I had to round off the corners so that they would fit.

Smoothed out SCT MAF

-Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

The car is out of the garage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

-Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

Post whore Lawn Pac Champion Irish's Avatar
    Excellent! Feels good doesn't it!

any updates?
    blown 97 cobra

I've been working a lot, just got back from rescue school where I was gone for two weeks. Update on the car, I thought I had everything dialed in and ready to make a trip to Logan motorsports to put the car on the dyno. I start to hear a rattling sound coming from the front of the engine. At first I thought it was the belt tensioner and removed both the SC and serp belt and no change. The rattling sound only came about at low RPM of 900-1100. But if I give it a little gas and open the throttle blade by hand the noise would immediately go away. As if oil pressure builds up and tightens the chain tensioners. To my relief, I changed the oil before taking the timing cover off and the oil looks good. I also cut open the oil filter and nothing serious. After pulling every thing off the front of the engine again I found that the tensioners are junk. I bought the CLOYES brand from RockAuto just to save a buck, but as it turns out they are China cheap junk. The ratchet teeth on the lock side got chewed up causing the ratchet arm not to lock giving slack in the chain. Learn from my mistake people, only buy Ford. On the bright side I have a stress reliever, I can collapse the whole thing with one hand. I'm hoping in the next couple weeks to have it running again and on the dyno. The never ending project.

-Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

Quote Originally Posted by OxmanWI View Post
    I've been working a lot, just got back from rescue school where I was gone for two weeks. Update on the car, I thought I had everything dialed in and ready to make a trip to Logan motorsports to put the car on the dyno. I start to hear a rattling sound coming from the front of the engine. At first I thought it was the belt tensioner and removed both the SC and serp belt and no change. The rattling sound only came about at low RPM of 900-1100. But if I give it a little gas and open the throttle blade by hand the noise would immediately go away. As if oil pressure builds up and tightens the chain tensioners. To my relief, I changed the oil before taking the timing cover off and the oil looks good. I also cut open the oil filter and nothing serious. After pulling every thing off the front of the engine again I found that the tensioners are junk. I bought the CLOYES brand from RockAuto just to save a buck, but as it turns out they are China cheap junk. The ratchet teeth on the lock side got chewed up causing the ratchet arm not to lock giving slack in the chain. Learn from my mistake people, only buy Ford. On the bright side I have a stress reliever, I can collapse the whole thing with one hand. I'm hoping in the next couple weeks to have it running again and on the dyno. The never ending project.

gotcha...yea I went with the ford stuff for all the timing chain and gear stuff...ugh I just hated buying that stuff...along with the lifters and followers......soo much money....cams were expensive to but thats the cool stuff haha
    blown 97 cobra

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    One thing j have learned over the years... unless there is a known issue with an OEM part, go OEM. The further away from OEM you go the more trouble.

Glad to hear it was easy enough to find the issue and get it resolved in this case. Keep us posted when u hit the dyno.
    Last edited by WhatsADSM; 09-02-2013 at 12:16 PM.

Cant wait to see this running....So close now. Congrats on the new baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    stew - continuing confirmation of the hypothesis that marbles aren't sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Jim you build... break... and rebuild cars faster than I can put one together.

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    FFFFUUUUU i put these in a couple winters ago... lol

DRIVE A HYBRID MY MUSTANG NEEDS YOUR GAS

Any updates on this? What are you running for exhaust?

It has been a very cold winter. My 5000 watt heater was no match. I'm redoing my garage this year with a gas heater for next winter. I was able to clean up my garage a little today but I'm just waiting for warmer temps. I've been busy with work and house projects. That and a 4 month old baby girl I've had zero time to work on this car. I'm hoping to button up things very soon.

The exhaust- Ported stock manifolds > 2.5 magnaflow cats > magnaflow true x pipe > 2.5 manderal bent ss pipe > magnaflow mufflers

Thanks, Josh
    -Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

HEY! I used to follow you over at TCCOA, back when i had a T-bird. Is this the same car you were selling a few years back? Looking good!

Congrats on the baby and thanks for the info.