Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Super Mario Mushroom Champion Starcastle Champion Korndogg's Avatar

Fence materials/ Patio door install

Where is a good place to get fence materials. I know Home Depot, etc.. have things but I was wondering if I needed to take a look at any other places.

I made an awesome picture in paint to show what I would like to do.

Chain-link

Wood or other material

EDIT : The whole thing is going to be black chain link
    Last edited by Korndogg; 07-03-2012 at 03:22 PM.
    1968 Camaro 383

I compared prices at Fleet Farm and Menards since they are right next to each other in Germantown/Falls. I think the chain-link material itself was cheaper at one store, but the poles and gates were cheaper at another. And I compared the quality of the gates (different brands at the time).
    --Michelle--

Quote Originally Posted by Myles View Post
    Who let you out of the kitchen.
    Quote Originally Posted by -stew- View Post
    Fucking burn!!!! He's gonna have to change his name to Waver... cuz he just got neutered.

Come into Menards with the lengths of the areas you want fenced and we take it over the the design center and get you complete list with everything needed.

Along with price.
    2012 F150 Eco Boost Screw 4x4 6 1/2 Bed--Line X--

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    Don't put up a wood fence....ask me how I know that. Spend the money and go with vinyl fencing....maintenance free and as long as you don't hit it in the winter it will last a really long time
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

Well I'm going to be starting my fence/patio door/deck install next week since it's going to cool down. We decided to go with 4' chain link instead of anything else. I think we want to go with the black coated fencing. We pretty much just want this more to keep the dogs in than anything anyway. I'm going to head to Menards sometime next week and see what I all need and get a final price.

I also need to find a patio door and figure out what I want to do with the small deck.
    1968 Camaro 383

Got the bushes tore down last Monday and took 6 trips to the dump to get rid of them all. I still have a bunch of stumps to get out but its just been too damn hot to do it. I have other stuff I can work on in the house anyway while it's hot.

to this

I'm also trying to install a patio door. Haven't bought one yet but we got a couple prices on a 5' door. Not sure what we are going to do yet considering I'm not sure what is in this soffit in my kitchen yet. Not too sure I can even get a patio door in here.

1968 Camaro 383

BCM Cruiser
    Take a look, that end of the soffit might be empty. I know the one in my kitchen is.

Yeah I'm going to look later today. I'm hoping it is because then I can just end the soffit at my cabinets.
    1968 Camaro 383

Well here is what is in the soffit. It is 7' to the bottom of the soffit. Is there enough room there to even put a header in for the door? The door we were looking at is a 5' door and it is 6'8" tall.

1968 Camaro 383

BCM Cruiser
    I am not sure, but I will give you credit. You have some balls cutting a hole that big for testing! haha. I went to knock a hole in mine to figure out what it contained then realized it was plywood. That felt great. I still have soffits.

nothing a little drywall and paint cant fix lol.
    1968 Camaro 383

That big ass hole should make your house nice and toasty now considering its probably 140 degrees in the attic LOL

insulation stuffed in a hole does wonders :p
    1968 Camaro 383

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    You're probably gonna need a header bigger than 4" for that door. It'll eventually sag and bind the door.

Right, thats why I tore open the soffit. I should be able to get an 8" header in there if I take the soffit out.
    1968 Camaro 383

Well, 5.5 yards later and I'm satisfied with how level the yard is now. Now I need to get some seed and straw and get that down so I can hopefully get some grass in there before it gets too cold. While I'm at it, I'm just going to overseed my whole yard. Anyone have any recommendations on seed?

1968 Camaro 383

That looks pretty good. Hopefully it doesn't wash out though in a big rain to the lower part of your yard. The Scotts seed is the best available for the consumer market. Buts its $$$

Yeah I'm worried a little bit about that but I figured I would try to get some sort of seed on there for the inter then in spring I can throw some more seed down again.
    1968 Camaro 383

The sooner you can get grass to grow the more likely your dirt will stay put. Looks good!

Thanks. Is there a specific Scott's seed I should get? Also, should I fertilize right away when I put the seed down? I'm going to be putting that grass seed mat down also.
    1968 Camaro 383