Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waukesha County

Ol' School Ron North's Jewels Champion

Waukesha County

So I am looking into purchasing a house and I was looking at Waukesha for one of the area. However I am not too familiar with Waukesha, but is there any areas I should stay away from?

Downtown is very "Spanish speaking". Further west is best. I also prefer north of i94. I would avoid the areas around uww, as I don't predict that are is getting nicer anytime soon.

IMO, Delafield and hartland are the best areas. I lived in muskego before... it was just OK.

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    I like mukwonago. Lived in New Berlin... liked that too. Its pretty centrally located. I wanted more land though. Pewaukee is nice too. Anything outside of the city of Waukesha will be nice.

Senior Member..now yer posting! bikedad's Avatar

Wales, Genesee area is nice. No city sewer or water but isn't a problem really.

its almost that time again Ricky Bobby's Avatar
    stay outside of waukesha if u can

Yeah, Delafield is where I grew up, it has made leaps and bounds since then, but it is still a nice "small" town, Pewaukee is also nice, both are crazy expensive now (they weren't when I grew up there, lol). Genesee, Wales, Eagle, North Prarie, Dousman are all right around there and much cheaper to live in. Plus, if you have kids, they will go to Kettle Moraine school systems which are pretty decent.

no complaints about New Berlin.
    -Andy
    PS3, Xbox 360, & Steam tag: Cryptic78

"(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    I wouldn't want to live in Waukesha honestly. Delafield, Wales, Pewaukee etc are all the areas you would want to be in. Nothing wrong with Milwaukee County: Tosa, Oak Creek etc. Just be prepared to pay mega taxes for a tiny lot
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

Yeah its been a tough thing is trying to figure out where I want to go. I would really like to be closer to work but I don't have that kind of cash to get in one of those houses.

New Berlin is nice, but love Menomonee Falls.
    -Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

God Bless the men & women who have served and serving to keep us free

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
    stay outside of waukesha if u can
    Unless you're familiar with the area, I have to agree. Its very spotty...

Quote Originally Posted by OxmanWI View Post
    New Berlin is nice, but love Menomonee Falls.
    Agreed. Very happy with the falls.
    2006 M6 QSM GTO SOLD
    1993 Chevy K2500 SOLD

2004 Chevy Tahoe - Kid Hauler
    1999 Camaro Z28 - Traded
    2008 G8 GT - 'Dad' car

I liked when I lived in New Berlin (right on the NB/Brookfield border), mainly because of the convenient location to everything. I love living out in Washington County again (I grew up here). The longer distance to drive places is worth the open space and less restrictions.
    --Michelle--

Quote Originally Posted by Myles View Post
    Who let you out of the kitchen.
    Quote Originally Posted by -stew- View Post
    Fucking burn!!!! He's gonna have to change his name to Waver... cuz he just got neutered.

New Berlin = High taxes. Town of Waukesha/Vernon = Low taxes

My parents have a 1,400 sqft house on one acre in New Berlin and I have a 3,200sqft house on 4 acres in Town of Waukesha and my taxes are cheaper than theirs by over $400
    Owner of Sunset Self Storage LLC. LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED STORAGE. 24/7 access. No Contract length. Self Storage/Portable Storage/Vehicle Transport
    Thanks, Brad 262.751.9439

09 Cadillac CTS V Has some stuff done...
    05 Chevy Duramax: Best time in 4wd was 12.22 @ 108
    99 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic: Big Bore, Cams, tune.

what would you say west of st paul, north of bluemound, south of 59? there are really nice areas over by nagel in the hills..and cruddier ones up by UW sha.... st paul may not be the best quidelines past hwy 18....

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    there are some nicer neighborhoods in waukesha, and even around UWW despite what Boost says. South of UWW around Waukesha North high school is where I grew up. All 250-300k 4bdr/3car garage type houses in that 2500sqft range with yards large enough for kids playing, nice neighbors, no crime, etc... But you can definitely find a nicer house in Pewaukee with lower taxes though. Getting into downtown waukesha, yeah that gets a little crummy. Friend from high school just can't sell his house still he bought dirt cheap. The immediate area around UWW is all older ranch style houses, plenty of friends grew up in that area. Lots of new development areas off meadowbrook rd area. Still further away from "problematic" than places around Waukesha South high school. Could even go further away out X or 59 and be around Waukesha West. Lots of newer houses out that way. My parents new house in Sussex/Lisbon area is a bit north for most people's liking, but dirt cheap property taxes.

delafield and hartland are definitely nice, but you accept the "lake country" style property taxes that go along with places like Legends of Brandybrook and Bristlecone Pines. It's not like they pick those two property development areas to have high taxes and those alone. Parents were just looking in those two areas and same size house was twice as expensive property taxes as where they ended up buying in sussex area
    Last edited by Crawlin; 03-05-2012 at 02:31 PM.

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    Im gonna venture a guess here and say Scott isn't looking at homes in Brandybrook or Bristlecone Pines
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

I moved out of the city of Waukesha .We lived in a 2bed 2 bath condo.Bought a house in Oconomowoc 4bed
    3 bath,almost one acre corner lot and our taxes only went up 350 bucks.

I would stay out of the city of Waukesha
    Last edited by 86GUTLASS; 03-05-2012 at 08:15 PM.
    86 Cutlass 455 Powered
    06 GMC Sierra Denali 6.0liter
    07 Harley Davidson XL1200 Nightster

Yeah I have now come to the conclusion that waukesha isn't were I want to be either. I wouldn't mind moving to the Falls but I haven't been able to find a house in my price range out there.

I think Waukesha is big enough where there are plenty of great places to live. Yes there are some so-so neighborhoods but I wouldn't rule it out entirely.
    Daily Driver: 2009 Camry
    Weekend Car: 2006 Corvette