Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar

Exclamation New Orleans Saints Investigation.....

Wow anyone here about this?

Quote Originally Posted by NFL
    After a lengthy investigation conducted by the NFL's security department, the league announced Friday that 22 to 27 defensive players on the New Orleans Saints maintained a "pay for performance" program that included "bounty" payments administered by then-defensive coordinator Gregg Williams during the 2009, 2010 and 2011 seasons.

The program runs in violation of league rules, and the investigation showed that Saints players received $1,500 for a "knockout" hit and $1,000 for a "cart-off" hit with payouts doubling or tripling during the team's three playoff appearances. A memo sent to clubs throughout the league included a statement on how Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma put up $10,000 cash as a bounty before a playoff game, a source familiar with the memo told NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

Can you say loss of draft picks?
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Saw it on the news tonight. Watching Favre getting hammered over and over again by the Saints D line. LMAO

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Post whore
    LOL......Well I guess that didn't "PAYOFF" for them because their defense kinda sucked two out of the 3 seasons listed. 25th ranked for 2009/2011 and 4th ranked for 2010.

Post whore
    Quote Originally Posted by Holeshot View Post
    Saw it on the news tonight. Watching Favre getting hammered over and over again by the Saints D line. LMAO

Farve wasn't our QB when the payoffs happened.

Post whore
    Quote Originally Posted by Holeshot View Post

Farve wasn't our QB when the "bonuses" happened.

I guess teams/owners will get to voice their opinion on this at the annual meeting. I bet that's gonna go well for the saints. LOL the owner and GM even knew about it!
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    Ouch!

Although, those amounts seem like chump change for those guys. Not sure how much that would actually amp them up to go knock somebody out.

Yeah I know. Channel 4 was showing Favre as a Viking getting slammed over and over on their footage of the story tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by spooln30 View Post
    Farve wasn't our QB when the "bonuses" happened.
    Last edited by Holeshot; 03-02-2012 at 08:17 PM.

the nfl.com video has the same footage of Favre getting leveled. Also this would mean when we played the Saints in the opener this year a player got a bonus when Tramon Williams got his shoulder injured. I'm sure the Vikings/Cards are going to be livid about this next year. They tried to say something.....

Saw earlier on ESPN that goodell could strip the saints of their franchise tag!
    Last edited by GTSLOW; 03-02-2012 at 08:44 PM.

Post whore
    Wow I totally forgot Farve played after he left the Packers. LOL.

goddell better do something big otherwise all the fines he levied against certain players will seem like even bigger horseshit and all of his rhetoric about player safety will blow up bigtime in his face
    I offer online scheduling using BookFresh

QB's better learn how to get out that pocket like A-Rod then, hahaha.

Although I don't condone what they are doing, it is the NFL, and it is their own money. Your risk for NOT getting injured in a sport like the is NFL slim to none. I mean its the job and plan to knock the QB out in anyway you can, I'm sure that's the main goal when it comes to QB's like Rodgers, Brees, Manning, and Brady. But I agree they might have let the "incentives" and gentleman's bets get the better of them, and it could get waaaay out of hand in the future. I just see a violation of NFL policies, nothing more. I really don't see an ethics violation in Football, lol.

I wonder what the purse was on Vick, that dude gets punished on the field! Haha
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    One day we will have muscle cars again....
    -Jimmy E.

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSST View Post

I wonder what the purse was on Vick, that dude gets punished on the field! Haha
    Not enough for what that piece of shit did.
    Daily Driver: 2009 Camry
    Weekend Car: 2006 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by VroomPshhTsi View Post
    Exactly, I just find it funny how he's like all bruised ribs and banged up, maybe his O-line had a pot going, haha.
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    One day we will have muscle cars again....
    -Jimmy E.

Quote Originally Posted by VroomPshhTsi View Post
    They are/were just dogs...
    GM World Class Certified Technician

Quote Originally Posted by brotherbenn83 View Post
    They are/were just dogs...
    This. I am SO sick of animals having more rights than humans. I love animals, I respect animals, I would never do what Mike Vick did, I don't condone it, it's not my thing, I love (most) peoples pets, but at the end of the day, they were just dogs. In other societies they are just another protien on the menu. How about Ray Lewis, he KILLED A PERSON with his bare hands (yeah, he got someone else to take the fall, but he did it, the world knows it, just like OJ), Donte Stallworth killed someone because he got behind the wheel drunk, neither of them spent (significant) time in jail. There's people out there who have molested innocent children and done awful things to other PEOPLE that got less time than Vick, now THAT'S sickening!

Like Chris Griffin said to Brian "You're just a dog Brian, you don't have a soul!"

Bob the Builder says: 88Nightmare's Avatar
    Maybe the punishment (or lack thereof) is simply too lenient for human on human crimes as opposed to human on animal crimes viewed as too stiff...
    Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    All democrats like to work on wood, zing!
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take from those willing to work and give to those that are not - Thomas Jefferson
    2008 Yamaha FZ6
    2005 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by STANMAN View Post
    This. I am SO sick of animals having more rights than humans. I love animals, I respect animals, I would never do what Mike Vick did, I don't condone it, it's not my thing, I love (most) peoples pets, but at the end of the day, they were just dogs. In other societies they are just another protien on the menu. How about Ray Lewis, he KILLED A PERSON with his bare hands (yeah, he got someone else to take the fall, but he did it, the world knows it, just like OJ), Donte Stallworth killed someone because he got behind the wheel drunk, neither of them spent (significant) time in jail. There's people out there who have molested innocent children and done awful things to other PEOPLE that got less time than Vick, now THAT'S sickening!

Like Chris Griffin said to Brian "You're just a dog Brian, you don't have a soul!"
    Just because the punishments against other crimes are not strong enough, doesn't mean that the crimes against defenseless animals should be knocked down. There are numerous crimes that deserve higher punishments and it's a shame that more isn't done to fix that. The laws against animal cruelty are no where near where they should be. Same for DUI, child molestation/neglect, murder, etc.
    --Michelle--

Quote Originally Posted by Myles View Post
    Who let you out of the kitchen.
    Quote Originally Posted by -stew- View Post
    Fucking burn!!!! He's gonna have to change his name to Waver... cuz he just got neutered.

It is football, if the hit is legal I see no issue!

Millions of chickens/turkeys/cows live in conditions far worse, for far longer, and at the end of their awful existance they are herded into a slaughterhouse. What is different about what Mike Vick did? Well, up until the moment they died fighting they lived a pretty good life, they were treated and cared for very well (by all accounts fighting dogs/chickens/bulls are huge investments and treated as such). Because some people bet on it and the dogs were not consumed afterwards it's something he should have went to jail for?

Again, I am not saying what he did was right, am not condoning it as OK, but look at the larger picture, there is a reason we were given dominion over animals by our Creator, so that when they die and we consume their flesh it is not a sin. That being said, we, as their caretakers, should provide due dilligence to treat them as the God's creatures that they are.

And I agree with Mike and Michelle, one crime's punishement should not validate another crime's punishment, but in today's society that's just how it works. The trend has been that animals have been given increasingly human rights, and "flame suit on", I am just not OK with that.