Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Wow Been awhile since last post might as well update this lol

Well since I am stuck here for another year at least thought I might as well update ya on the SE, it was put at secure storage and have been working on it almost daily between trying to find a Job and House it is getting the cross member notched in next few days and the exhaust will be 98% percent complete need mufflers ( had to use them on the Tahoe LOL ) anyways it is going really well for the car ..................

I notched the transmission crossmember to save some cash on new one cost a 12 of heinikin Beer to my bud for welding it for me....

YAY I now have a dual exhaust crossmember YAY for me Will paint in next day or two and Post pics but important thing is it is Installed and cutouts fit perfect YAY

Difference between old and new sway bars

Last edited by 74hotrodmalibu; 03-28-2013 at 11:21 AM.
    "THE MALIGOON"

Well Been almost 6 months yet again LOL anyways I caught the restore Bug LOL anyways progress is progress....

IMG]http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff99/hotrod74malibu/IMG_20121231_144819_zpsd4a8b650.jpg[/IMG]

REMEMBER THE NASTY DIRTY SEATS ?? WENT THRU ALOT OF SIMPLE GREEN THAT DAY

Last edited by 74hotrodmalibu; 03-28-2013 at 11:22 AM.
    "THE MALIGOON"

And after all that scrubbing took about 6 hours to do all interior seats and panels .....Man fingers were sore LOL

Also what I cant figure out did the Factory really use this much filler to get the paint thickness they needed ??? No sign of damage or dents or repairs HHHMMMM ??

Last edited by 74hotrodmalibu; 03-28-2013 at 11:23 AM.
    "THE MALIGOON"

All new boxed rear (upper / lower arms with new bushings )new rear sway bar from IMP SS fits perfect !

Front side of car now has new shocks, ball joints, springs and has the much thicker trans am sway bar again perfect fit ( well almost, had to trim a little of the new bushing, man this bar is thick ) Back on the ground Finally with wheels on it after 6 months and I have dumped the Landlord headache and bought a Modular Home not new but built in 1998 so not that old either and its home ( no garage ) but can add that later !
    "THE MALIGOON"

Last edited by 74hotrodmalibu; 03-23-2013 at 01:46 PM. Reason: doble post sorry
    "THE MALIGOON"

Fresh Pics....

Install Manifold and carb I swapped my Holley(needing a rebuild ) for a freshly done QJ, so get that put back on with the Dist reinstalled will be ready to finish the interior !! And yes you see Plates on car so getting close yet again LOL

"THE MALIGOON"

Well Finally got original valve covers I have been searching for, for about 6 moths now from Jefferson Swap meet Guy wanted 10 bucks fiancé gave him a $20 and he said he ran out change and vendors around him didn't either so He said give him all the $1 bills I had in my front Pocket HHAAA I only had four $1 bills LMAO Winner
    Cleaned up pretty nice today may re strip drive side and re spray didn't like how it turned out.

"THE MALIGOON"

"THE MALIGOON"

The SE will have the right Shoes once again, Will never unbolt these from the Car again, except for new tires at tax time ( Have to say my fiancé surprised me by paying shipping ) on these from her house cleaning Jobs much to my surprise. Gotta love that Woman !!!

BEST $90 BUCKS I EVER SPENT !!

"THE MALIGOON"

I know a certain MonteHolic that will recognize these Subtle changes to the Center caps I just did, And I agree Chris already prepping them for Plasti dip Black and when if ever I paint car I ill have the painter do these as well (might powder coat them) would last longer than paint, and the caps don't really stick out that far Unlike the monster caps that were on the American racing wheels

"THE MALIGOON"

All four are done NOW wha to do with car since its to cold OUTSIDE to work on it LOL

"THE MALIGOON"

Cool. Are those the type of rims that the "fins" are rubber? I came across a similar set on an early 80's Regal (not a TR) that were gold and they looked metal until a further look.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

Quote Originally Posted by PB86MCSS View Post
    Cool. Are those the type of rims that the "fins" are rubber? I came across a similar set on an early 80's Regal (not a TR) that were gold and they looked metal until a further look.

Nope these are all Aluminum and had to spend a few days brightening up the spokes before Plastipping the Black on there now Just need some 15" tires to put on there LOL If not soon I have to wait till Tax time in 4.5 weeks LOL then Brand New is going on
    "THE MALIGOON"

Attached Images Attached Images
    "THE MALIGOON"

Well the Hankooks were not available at time of writing this update, so ended up with Primewell PS860 tires ( firestone's knock off brand ) Not bad of a price either Wanted the 275/60-15 but these sizes I got were $74 each, and the 275/60 were $125 each.

So I plan on dropping the front down and Inch or so and these 235/70 I didn't want them to rub at turns ( they are taller compared to what I am used to ) But anyways 235/70-15 rear 215/65-15 front ( which is the same size that is already there now) So tires finally and RWL.

Second got my horn button mount finally after waiting f0r it for about 6 weeks Post office lost it, and had to go thru there stuff to get a new one, So that was before Christmas and got a replacement finally and Put it on.

Third, got a carb and came with a free 355/350th setup My friend sold him a car with drivetrain and never paid for all of it So he told me to grab it from guy, all I have to do is pull it and get an Intake. Motor came from a 1973 Monte so should be good heads on it ( I hope anyway ) even comes with headers and exhaust to the Mufflers, So now I can take the original block out and build this one and NOT worry about the BOOM factor. ( no pics of motor have to pull it ) LOL and no Not cutting the hood.

Forth, got my Replacement 1977 grille as well with some better front fillers and a rear filler that isn't crumbling LOL

Last edited by 74hotrodmalibu; 03-12-2015 at 10:15 PM.
    "THE MALIGOON"

Well I test fitted ( No rim ) the Taller tires, A NO GO didn't like them took them back, Firestone Just called tonight and the Size I was after has went on sale. So Tuesday Maybe Wednesday they will ne Mounted and will be THE LAST time the turbines come off the car.

1. Got the Grille mounted and tried a few different things, I think I like the chrome grille surround and the chrome grill.

2. I got the street scoop for heck of deal so going to use it off / on for a bit ( not cutting original hood NO NO )

3. I got new to me front fillers, rear Bumper filler fronts painted and on rear filler is tomorrow.

4. Then to the Interior, the Black carpet that Kevin put in has faded to grey and while covered WTF that about ? Oh well black dye will work just fine, and Changing the wheel to my spoked one.

5. AND THE most important part a spoiler for the front that is the closest thing to what I think the SE should look like as far as the Lines for the car, Since no one has or can remember what it looked like.

Last edited by 74hotrodmalibu; 03-23-2015 at 01:32 PM.
    "THE MALIGOON"

Tires are Mounted ended Upon 275/60r15 Primewell were the Brand all in all I am very happy with them, I am not sure I can lower that Inch though, Will wait and see I guess.

"THE MALIGOON"

Well new Motor build coming along really nice and wow was a Hella surprise when cracked the baby open, I knew it was supposed to be a 355 ( piston number came back to a speed pro ) but when I mic'ed the valve sizes they ended up being 2.02 / 1.6 Valve's I forgot to mic the CC duhhhh

I was stoked though and is a 4 bolt main 010 block....Oh so Happy ( the intake, carb, and valve covers were just put on for pics ) they belong to my buddy where I am working on the motor checked the bearings and are almost new. This motor has not been decked yet.
    All I have to do now is get the gasket rebuild kit for it and drop it in the SE when I pull original out, unsure of this cam in it I didn't want to take out cam just to see what it was, and then put back in. Motor seriously only looks like it had under 3k miles or less since being taken .030 over.

"THE MALIGOON"

That wheel and tire combo looks awesome!

3986339 – 1971 350, 74cc chambers 2.02 / 1.6 Valves is what they Mic'ed at
    "THE MALIGOON"