Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Senior Member..now yer posting!

1977 Chevelle SE Build

The new Ride a 100% Complete NO more project cars here......

1977 Chevelle SE One of approximatly 50 ever produced from subcontracts thru GM motor division to boost sales of the Slagging Chevy Sales, The One I am getting is one of only supposed 10 that were Black on Black bucket seat cars and all but two that I have found were optioned with 350 /350th the other two were 305 cars he says were original but I have not found any data to back that claim up for all that I have found were 350 cars. Two were made with T-Tops only one has survived, The Chevelle SE was NOT a factory produced car. The SE was created by a company in Witchita, Kansas called Special Editions, Inc.
    who modified a mere fifty-one (yes, 50!)

1977 Chevelle Malibus with aftermarket (not factory) goodies which included a front air dam, a rear spoiler, 60 series tires on Turbine II aluminum wheels and a special orange and yellow stripe package.

All fifty cars were either black, white or silver and were optioned with a 350/4bbl engine, these cars had a rear trunk lid spoiler that had CHEVELLE SE on the right hand end of the spoiler. The spoiler had yellow and orange pinstriping about 2 inches wide that went across the rear spoiler and down the sides of the car. Under the front bumper was a fiberglass ground effect type spoiler. One of these cars was delivered to Bill Southern Chevrolet in Newkirk, Oklahoma (no longer in business) and the car was white. I know the name of the original owner, but he doesn't know who owns the car now. The silver one was delivered to Charlie Cannon Chevrolet in Ponca City, Oklahoma (no longer under that name).

the white one Pictured is from a EBAY listing a few years back and since has disappeared back into the woodwork

THIS IS THE NEW LIMEY ONE BLACK ON BLACK BUCKET SEAT CAR 350 / 350th

The Silver ones below are a pair of them Same owner Wichita Kansas was in route to get the pair and called to cancel the sale so turned around and had two hours drive time under belt by time I got home, LOL

Well the Previous Owner finally sent me the Pics I have been asking for and I thank him for it, He has also asked to stay anonymous throughout this deal from hear on out and I have to respect that.......... So with out further adue here is the SE in its current shape

Last edited by 74hotrodmalibu; 09-08-2015 at 01:00 PM.
    "THE MALIGOON"

The new Ride a 100% Complete NO more project cars here...... Really ??? looks like a project to me but congrats on the new car
    EMT/Fire fighters- " this ain’t a job. It ain’t an occupation. It’s a calling. A need. A desire that you feel in your bones and your brains and your nut-sack."Tommy Gavin(Denis Leary)

What's on the seats?
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

The funk on the seat is the finest Oklahoma mold money can buy. It'll clean up fine with a little Oxyclean.

Should be nice when it's done.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk
    1970 Chevelle SS
    2013 F150 SC 3.5 TT
    1975 CB400F
    2007 FLHTCU

Quote Originally Posted by SSDude View Post
    The funk on the seat is the finest Oklahoma mold money can buy. It'll clean up fine with a little Oxyclean.

Should be nice when it's done.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk

Ick, mold... I hope you plan on replacing the carpeting and headliner too... that whole interior is uninhabitable ;0
    _] Jeff
    _] '08 Audi A4 S-Line
    _] '98 Eclipse Spyder GS-T
    _] '93 Toyota Camry
    www.flickr.com/photojeffic

only took abut 3.5 hours to get the OUTSIDE ONLY clean inside is coming real soon we snow yet again LOL

the white stuff on seats ended up just being dirt ( gravel dust ) and not mold very very happy about that

Last edited by 74hotrodmalibu; 03-28-2013 at 11:13 AM.
    "THE MALIGOON"

Last edited by 74hotrodmalibu; 03-28-2013 at 11:14 AM.
    "THE MALIGOON"

Last edited by 74hotrodmalibu; 03-28-2013 at 11:17 AM.
    "THE MALIGOON"

not bad

That generation of GM (not exactly sure what to call them) is not my thing but still very cool from a historical standpoint. Looks very 'Mad Max' like with the spoiler and wheels.....

The Broke & The Furious BR3W CITY's Avatar

You won't get confused for anyone else driving that. I wonder what insurance companies do when valuing a "1 of 50" car.
    BREW CITY // Forever in ink.
    '66 Chevy Stepside / Big Cam LQ4 / Posi / Lowered / Built 4L80e

Yikes that's ugly looks like a monte carlo and a camaro had a kid and it grew up to be redneck trailer trash...
    Owner of Sunset Self Storage LLC. LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED STORAGE. 24/7 access. No Contract length. Self Storage/Portable Storage/Vehicle Transport
    Thanks, Brad 262.751.9439

09 Cadillac CTS V Has some stuff done...
    05 Chevy Duramax: Best time in 4wd was 12.22 @ 108
    99 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic: Big Bore, Cams, tune.

Quote Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
    You won't get confused for anyone else driving that. I wonder what insurance companies do when valuing a "1 of 50" car.
    Probably the same thing they do when they look at my 1 of 20 neon. It's just a base model....sucks lol

The Broke & The Furious BR3W CITY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by srt4eh View Post
    Probably the same thing they do when they look at my 1 of 20 neon. It's just a base model....sucks lol
    lol ya...when I sold mine for like $8k I remembered that limited edition just means you payed more.

There are some weird ones tho, and still can have a certain level of value.
    BREW CITY // Forever in ink.
    '66 Chevy Stepside / Big Cam LQ4 / Posi / Lowered / Built 4L80e

cool car. nice to see something different.

Well 17 years later and she runs like a champ LOL and thanks for the honesty and compliments !!!

http://www.youtube.com/v/IsYTsEwqZL8
    "THE MALIGOON"

I don't understand your imfatuation with that gen body, but I have all the respect in the world for it.
    2006 M6 QSM GTO SOLD
    1993 Chevy K2500 SOLD

2004 Chevy Tahoe - Kid Hauler
    1999 Camaro Z28 - Traded
    2008 G8 GT - 'Dad' car

Gotta Thank my Dads brother for that he had a Drag car 1976 Laguna Lime green in Color and had a blower on it when I was 15 he took me for a ride on the backroads and nailed me to the back of the seat for what seems like an eternity and have loved them Ever since, I have had some other cars but always came back to these.....One I kik myself for getting rid of was a 1965 Dodge Dart GT had 340/727 trans, bucket seats was stupid and wanted sleds more and swapped it for 4 sleds and a trailer.................. Now ask me if I still have the sleds ? LMAO
    "THE MALIGOON"

"THE MALIGOON"

I dont understand why you would do a burnout in your garage.

Is it a 350 or a 305?