Shocks for the bird

Ok so i'm tired of the QA1's on my bird and have been for some time. There practically brand new but i'm not fond of the ride. I was warned by strano himself that i wouldn't like the shocks with his springs but i did it any way there were cheaper than the other setups at the time. I Dont need a drag shock much any more as i really more like the car to handle better. I remember back when i bought the qa1's there was a revalved bilstein? Are these still the way to go? Or what should i be looking for. The only bilsteins i can find now are the hd's and the slp tuned ones. for about $400 for the set which isnt bad at all.
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner

I've had the Strano/Koni SA combination on my TA for 5 years or so. I know there's a lot of hype about it on LS1tech but it they work well together. Only downside is it's kinda pricey, unfortunately.

I've had the Strano/Koni SA combination on my TA for 5 years or so. I know there's a lot of hype about it on LS1tech but they work well together. Only downside is it's kinda pricey, unfortunately.

I just put Strange SA's on mine, haven't driven it since I did so though.
    2006 M6 QSM GTO SOLD
    1993 Chevy K2500 SOLD

2004 Chevy Tahoe - Kid Hauler
    1999 Camaro Z28 - Traded
    2008 G8 GT - 'Dad' car

2006 roadking custom. KF 9000 Champion 0TransAm0's Avatar
    I had the strano/bilstein hd combo on mine when I had it. Handled good for me. But I've never rode/drove another with something different to compare it to....

ive been lookin at the koni's as well more expensive but adj. vs the non adj bilsteins. ive also been reading over time the bilsteins dont dampen as well with the strano springs.
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner