Thread: UFC on fox

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar

UFC on fox

I feel like I'm watching a NFL pre game show....lol. Should be some pretty good fights.

Chael Sonnen is such a dick that I can't help but like him. lol
    2011 Chevy Malibu

Quote Originally Posted by moels View Post
    Chael Sonnen is such a dick that I can't help but like him. lol
    lol, I guess he's trying to get his WWE persona on, he's definitely going for douche status.

Evans is looking well conditioned, I think experience my take this one, but its still early. Davis is one explosive kid. Oo, another Evans take down as I write..
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    One day we will have muscle cars again....
    -Jimmy E.

Good win for Evans, can't wait to see Evans/Jones!

I think Davis has a lot of talent, he'll learn a lot from this fight. Not a terribly bad loss for him, but he looked outmatched from the go. He just needs to be a more well rounded fighter, like Jones. I definitely think Evans will have his hands full.. but we'll see.
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    -Jimmy E.

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Overall it was a crappy, boring event to be on Fox, imo. Their last one wasnt good either. If they keep puting on showings like that it wont be long before they are back on spike/ppv only. The prelim fights on fuel were WAY better. Also, Jon Jones sucks at commentary.

And Chael might be the biggest douche canoe ever. I actually thought bisping won, and I don't like him either.

The Broke & The Furious BR3W CITY's Avatar

Chael is a dick, especially since he's trying to do the "persona". This sport doesn't need that, thats whats pro-wrastlin is for. With the exception of his dominant position at the end of rnd 3, he and Count were even IMO. His shit talking will last until he and Anderson are in the cage, and I REALLY don't think Silva will let Sonnen get up on him.
    BREW CITY // Forever in ink.
    '66 Chevy Stepside / Big Cam LQ4 / Posi / Lowered / Built 4L80e

I don't think Anderson will play around this time either. It won't go longer than 2 rounds.... And it'll probably be Anderson's last fight in the cage.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Super Mario Mushroom Champion Starcastle Champion Korndogg's Avatar
    I was going to watch it but I didn't realize it started so early :/
    1968 Camaro 383

It was pretty uneventful overall, even Evans was disappointed in himself for not closing the fight out, but evans/jones should make up for it.

Silva is going to destroy Chael, especially that persona, lol, he's going to show him there's no room for that crap in MMA.
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    -Jimmy E.

Post whore
    Quote Originally Posted by Lash View Post
    And it'll probably be Anderson's last fight in the cage.
    Anderson has two fights left in his ufc contract. His last fight will most likely be against Jones. The UFC def wants that fight to happen before Anderson leaves due to the large amount of money and hype the fight will bring. Anderson would def win that fight but Jones would be his toughest fight thus far.
    Evans looked good but he lost muscle for sure. His arms and legs looked way smaller then his fights before. If he lost his KO power due to his loss of size then I give the fight to Jones.

I hope GSP is the same fighter after his ACL injury. Would hate to see his great career lost due to this.

The Broke & The Furious BR3W CITY's Avatar

^is silva planning to retire after his contract? I'd figure if he was champ when it ended, he'd milk it for a big re-up and cash in.
    BREW CITY // Forever in ink.
    '66 Chevy Stepside / Big Cam LQ4 / Posi / Lowered / Built 4L80e

Post whore
    From what Dana White said in one of his video blogs Anderson wants to retire as the champ of his division. Supposedly he wants only one more title defense (Sonnen) then to fight Jones, non Title I believe. The way Anderson has been talking he feels there's nobody in MMA as a whole who can beat him. I agree 100% and the way I see it he's probably board and wants a change. A while back he even mentioned retiring then boxing Roy Jones Jr. Haha. RJJ would get handled.