The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar

So I took this Firearm quiz online....

and these are the answers this guy gave....
    (you have to scroll down a little)
    https://www.frontsight.com/free-dvd.asp?quiz=true

There area few that I disagree with.
    Specifically 1,3,6,8,9,10
    His answers are in bold.
    What I think is underlined.

1) Which of the following handguns would you consider the best for general self defense?
    -Single Action Revolver, example: Colt Peacemaker
    -Double Action Revolver, example: Smith and Wesson Model 29 Why? Revolvers are less likely to malfunction.
    -Double Action Semi-auto, example: Beretta 92F
    -Single Action Semi-auto: example: Colt 1911
    -Safe Action Semi-Auto: example: Glock
    -Action Adventure Hero Auto: example: UFP2000

3) What method do you consider the best for everyday carrying of a concealed handgun?
    -Ankle holster, covered by pant leg
    -Belly band holster covered by shirt
    -Fanny pack holster worn around the waist
    -Holster on outside of belt covered by shirt, vest, or jacket From a defensive standpoint I believe this way allows quickest access to the weapon. If you can easily conceal your gun this way I dont know why IWB would be better.
    -Inside the waistband holster covered by shirt, vest or jacket
    -Shoulder holster
    -No holster, gun tucked inside pants

6) What will tend to improve your accuracy with a handgun the most?
    -Purchasing a newer gun
    -Buying better quality ammunition
    -Placing a laser sight on your gun
    -Learning the “Three Secrets”
    -Shooting more

8) What handgun would you recommend for a woman who wants to protect herself?
    -Pocket Pistol
    -Small Revolver Again....less likely to malfunction, and simplicity. Women are less likely to be able to clear jams and such.
    -Single Action Semi-auto
    -Double Action Semi-auto
    -Safe Action Semi-auto

9) What do you feel is the best handgun caliber for general self defense?
    -.45 ACP
    -10mm
    -.40 S&W
    -.357 magnum I have always though the .357mag was the benchmark. It has more proven 'stops' than any other caliber. LE just stopped carrying it because of capacity.
    -9mm
    -.38 Special

10) What do you feel is the standard response in using a defensive handgun when you must shoot to defend your life?
    -With a major caliber handgun, two quick hits to the thoracic cavity
    -With a minor caliber handgun, three to four quick hits to the thoracic cavity
    -With a sub-caliber handgun, three to four quick hits to the cranio-ocular cavity
    -All of the above
    -A and C only
    -None of the above: You keep shooting until your attacker stops moving For obvious reasons. Maybe not until they stop moving per say, but until the threat is stoped. 2-3 to the chest may not be enough. I know his answer might be "technically" right, though.
    Last edited by Lash; 01-28-2012 at 06:28 PM.

Seems like a lot of those are opinion questions.

Vintage Racer
    Agreed, for me revolvers are reliable yes, but offer a lack of capacity and if you had to reload to continue defending yourself (granted very unlikely) but it would take far too long compared to a semi auto. For me a 1911 is the ideal gun, reliable as can be, quick to reload, rarely if never jams (have over 2000 rounds through my Taurus PT1911 and have NEVER had a jam or stove pipe). I would also consider a pistol like the CZ75 or P07 duty. Both are single action double action, can be had with decocker or manual safety and very high capacity in 9mm.

But again it's just my opinion and these questions all seem to be based on individual preference.
    Beater: 96 Dodge 1500 5.9 4x4 trans fixed!!
    Toys: 70 Saab 99 GT3/GTU, 54 Chevy Bel Air Sedan