Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Anyone who is bitter towards Fielder for making a decision to make more money and make sure his family is set and his kids kids set too is entitled to have that opinion. I understand some people believe that a most atheletes now a days have no dedication to their team but remember that it is a business. It makes zero sense to be angry at the guy for going to another team to make more money and to continue to do what he loves to do, play baseball.

Also like stated above, he was looking for a longer contract. The Brewers only offered him 5 years. He wanted more. I cant blame him for wanting more. Everything that he wanted he got. I believe he wanted the longer contract because he knows that eventually his weight will catch up to him. This way he is safe and will be guarnteed a job for the next 9 years barring a career ending injury. Then after the 9 is up he may turn in to another Matt Stairs or David Ortiz etc and become a DH unless he already is by that point. I believe that Detroit and their fans will regret winning the Fielder sweepstakes in the years to come. Only time will tell.

Milwaukee will still be a awesome without Prince. Before Antinasio took over the Brewers payroll was around 42-45 million back in 2004-05? Now it is slightly above the 100 million mark. He has brought this team back from the dead and I believe they will only get better. I can't wait to see Rameriez play third and move Hart to first, then the new Japaneese fella in right. It think it is going to be another great baseball season in the brew city!

Nick I am not angry with him, I just do not support him anymore not even 1%.
    03 Terminator Vert
    06 TL

Quote Originally Posted by JC70SS View Post
    Nick I am not angry with him, I just do not support him anymore not even 1%.
    Ohhhhhh, I missunderstood. I thought you were angry because of the situation. I apoloize, Joe

Nick it is just really hard, the awesome year last year they had will be many years away without Prince. I am a Brewers FREAK! I have a countdown on my calender the day MLB is over to the begining of spring training. I really don't care much for NFL. I do watch it, but I live for Brewers baseball.
    03 Terminator Vert
    06 TL

Prince leaving will not change my tailgating abilities, so I don't care. (:

True Brewers fan right here.
    --Michelle--

Quote Originally Posted by Myles View Post
    Who let you out of the kitchen.
    Quote Originally Posted by -stew- View Post
    Fucking burn!!!! He's gonna have to change his name to Waver... cuz he just got neutered.

I'd give my left nut to even play in the majors. I'd take league minimum no questions asked :|

People are far too greedy, but if they know they can get it, they're not going to settle for less.
    Gone are the days when people spend their entire careers on a team.
    The elite players want money, and a ring... and if they can't have both, they're going to go to whoever offers the closest chance of both.
    _] Jeff
    _] '08 Audi A4 S-Line
    _] '98 Eclipse Spyder GS-T
    _] '93 Toyota Camry
    www.flickr.com/photojeffic

If 99% of us are in the same position, we do the same thing. It isn't something exclusive to star athletes to take the most money.

The Brewers will be competitive, one player doesn't usually make or break the team. Many instances of star players leaving and the team did just as good or better. Even if Fielder returned, winning 96 games is no guarantee. I think the Brewers will be a 85+ win team, if things break right 90 wins isn't out of the question and that might be enough for the division or a wild card spot.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    Anyone who is bitter towards Fielder for making a decision to make more money and make sure his family is set and his kids kids set too is entitled to have that opinion. I understand some people believe that a most atheletes now a days have no dedication to their team but remember that it is a business. It makes zero sense to be angry at the guy for going to another team to make more money and to continue to do what he loves to do, play baseball.

Also like stated above, he was looking for a longer contract. The Brewers only offered him 5 years. He wanted more. I cant blame him for wanting more. Everything that he wanted he got. I believe he wanted the longer contract because he knows that eventually his weight will catch up to him. This way he is safe and will be guarnteed a job for the next 9 years barring a career ending injury. Then after the 9 is up he may turn in to another Matt Stairs or David Ortiz etc and become a DH unless he already is by that point. I believe that Detroit and their fans will regret winning the Fielder sweepstakes in the years to come. Only time will tell.

Milwaukee will still be a awesome without Prince. Before Antinasio took over the Brewers payroll was around 42-45 million back in 2004-05? Now it is slightly above the 100 million mark. He has brought this team back from the dead and I believe they will only get better. I can't wait to see Rameriez play third and move Hart to first, then the new Japaneese fella in right. It think it is going to be another great baseball season in the brew city!
    You must be on drugs...Ur glad that Ramirez will be playing 3B for you gues next season?? He's a liability in the field and doesn't hit anywhere close to the power he used to. And that was playing 81 games at hitter friendly wrigley for the past 5 or so years. As a cubs fan I'm glad he's gone b/c it clears the way for some of the young guys in the minors. Now if only Theo can get rid of Sorryono (i mean soriano) then we'd be set.
    Chicago is what you would get if Milwaukee had sex with it's sister. Said by a co-worker of mine arguing w/ somebody on how Milwaukee is better then Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by flyin_blue_egg View Post
    You must be on drugs...Ur glad that Ramirez will be playing 3B for you gues next season?? He's a liability in the field and doesn't hit anywhere close to the power he used to. And that was playing 81 games at hitter friendly wrigley for the past 5 or so years. As a cubs fan I'm glad he's gone b/c it clears the way for some of the young guys in the minors. Now if only Theo can get rid of Sorryono (i mean soriano) then we'd be set.
    Ha! Im sorry, anbody over Casey McScrub is a huge improvement. Also if you seriously haven't noticed, Miller Park is absolutley a very hitter friendly park.

Like I said, Casey McScrub... My fucking grandmother could probably play better than his garbage ass. I neglected to mention, she's dead.

I really don't think any Brewer fans will disagree with my above comments.

Thank you, come again.

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    I think he'll do better at miller park than cubs fans are hoping.

Wonder if he will be a dud in the playoffs with the Tigers as he was with the Brewers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregor View Post
    Wonder if he will be a dud in the playoffs with the Tigers as he was with the Brewers.
    That same auestion actually came up at the dinner table over here earlier this evening. I guess time will tell. Maybe the Tigers won't even ever make the playoffs. lol

It will be interesting for sure to see how things play out this season, that's for sure.

Another several weeks and pitchers/catchers report and it's game on!!

For the money they paid him they better.

Post whore
    What a trader and I hope he gets injured early in the season. Haha JK.

Spooln I had the same thoughts, however, he will collect money without doing any work then. That would be even worse.
    03 Terminator Vert
    06 TL

How is he a traitor? His contract was up and he fullfilled it and then some. He then sold his talents on the open market to the highest bidder. How is THAT being a traitor??????

Or did you mean he's actually a trader, like he trades baseball cards or something?

No, I think I know how to spell.....TRAITOR! He was offered way more than any human being deserves to make playing a game by the brewers. 100+ mil and he abandoned the fans of Milwaukee that have supported him for many years. I hope he fails big time.
    03 Terminator Vert
    06 TL

Trader was spooln, not you.

But, say you live comfortably on $10 an hour, your contract is up and where you are currently working offers a slight increase to sign another short term deal. Then another company comes along and offers $20 doing the same thing for longer. Are you going to say "no thanks, I am good at $10 for a short contract". Of course not! He's just like EVERYONE else, all other things equal he is going to take the $$$$$.

I am stoked because his dad in Detroit is the one who got me hooked on baseball, and the Tigers were the ONLY other team I ever wanted Prince to play for.

Dedication and Athlete rarley go in the same setence now a day. Ryan Braun is a rare execption to my statement. Just like Bob said, when it comes down do it, it is typically about the money. Pro sports is a business, that's why they hire a manager in the first place. To get them as much money as possible also arbitration, for the player to earn what they believe they are worth. Or not.

Look how the Cardinals fans must feel. Pujols was there for what? 10 years? I bet they are crushed too just like many Brewer/Fielder fans. I do feel your pain. I was hoping that by some small chance his team mates would convince him to hang around but nope. It hurts but the Crew still has a top notch team and they will still kick ass this season.

I wish Prince the best of luck and I can only hope that one day he will retire a Brewer. Even though I don't believe that to be likely now.

$10 vs $20 is a commoner's salary. $10,000 per at bat vs $17000 per at bat I would stay where I felt liked and the fans were loyal to me and supported me. IF......IF he is a dud in Detwa, the fans will turn on him faster than a pitbull with rabbies.
    03 Terminator Vert
    06 TL