Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Prince has Tiger blood!

Hell yeah baby!!!! As a long time Detroit fan I am STOKED! Loved watching his dad play there, now I get to watch him play there to. Wish Comerica had the same HR friendly dimensions as old Tiger Stadium. I wonder what Cecil thinks about his son playing there. Hopefully they give Prince number 45!!!

I think he will get whatever number he wants. What happens to Cabrera?

I remember the good old days at Tiger stadium, corner of Michigan an Trumbull. Better be carrying at least a .40 to go there now.

This is big for Detroit and no one saw this coming!

1:06-1:20!!
    Last edited by CATNHAT; 01-25-2012 at 09:26 AM.

2005 Roush Sport, 2009 F-150 PLATINUM SCREW
    You can get your Ford in any color you want, as long as it's black.

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Go figure. The most broke city in the country gets one of the highest paid players.

Quote Originally Posted by Lash View Post
    Go figure. The most broke city in the country gets one of the highest paid players.
    the city may be broke but Mike Illitch isnt! Dayammm can you imagine! How much $$ is that per pitch based on 2011 stats?

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Um, actually tigers go around bragging that they've got MY blood.
    Last edited by Prince Valiant; 01-24-2012 at 09:01 PM.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Didn't see that, I wonder what the next highest bid was too...didn't think he would get 8+ years from anyone. Good for him, glad he's out of the NL for the Brewers sake. Credit Illitch for willing to spend.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

Expensive contract.
    --Michelle--

Quote Originally Posted by Myles View Post
    Who let you out of the kitchen.
    Quote Originally Posted by -stew- View Post
    Fucking burn!!!! He's gonna have to change his name to Waver... cuz he just got neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by CATNHAT View Post
    I think he will get whatever number he wants. What happens to Cabrera?

I remember the good old days at Tiger stadium, corner of Michigan an Trumble. Better be carrying at least a .40 to go there now.

This is big for Detroit and no one saw this coming!

1:06-1:20!!
    The talk is that Cabrera will play the DH role and Fielder at first.

Im glad that Prince got the type deal he was lookig for. He is a great ball player and I wish him the best. Yet again like it was with Favre when he left GB I have seen and heard people ripping the shit outta Prince for leaving Milwaukee. I don't get it. It's his career and his decision. Anyone one of us would do the same.

Im not certain but is Detroits park hitter friendly? Im gonna miss that big lug.

On another positive note, atleast him and Pujols are both out of the NLs hair!

Detroit are building some franchises man.. Pretty cool.
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    One day we will have muscle cars again....
    -Jimmy E.

Between Suh, Fielder, Cabrera, and Martinez, some of the Detroit Restaurants are going to do pretty well! Some hefty RICH fellas there!

Comerica will be better for Fielder being a left handed bat, but Comerica isn't a hitters park. (it is a gorgeous stadium though)

Comerica:
    Left field – 345 feet (105 m)
    Left-center – 370 feet (113 m)
    Center field – 420 feet (128 m)
    Right-center – 365 feet (111 m)
    Right field – 330 feet (101 m)

vs.

Miller Park

Left Field - 344 feet (105 m)
    Left-Center - 371 feet (113 m) (Not Posted)
    Center Field - 400 feet (122 m)
    Right-Center - 374 feet (114 m)
    Right Field - 345 feet (105 m) (Not Posted)

Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    ....Yet again like it was with Favre when he left GB I have seen and heard people ripping the shit outta Prince for leaving Milwaukee. I don't get it. It's his career and his decision. Anyone one of us would do the same....
    Fielder's situation is nothing like Favre's relating to Green Bay (free agent vs retiring then coming back on your own terms and forcing the team iinto a tough situation) and I'm sorry for even countering that as it was nice to not talk about #4 for pretty much the past 12 months .

If anything this is similar to when Molitor left the Brewers, wanted more money and is entitled to it, more power to him. Team wasn't going to commit that much to one player. Although Molitor was older and thought to be past his prime too, which wasn't the case as it turned out.
    Last edited by PB86MCSS; 01-25-2012 at 10:15 PM.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

Tell that to the people ripping on him because they think he left. The situation is similar because of people who are uneducated about the situation at hand. People who feel he betrayed them becuase he went to another team.

Does that make more sense? I should have explained what I was meaning better.

Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    Tell that to the people ripping on him because they think he left. The situation is similar because of people who are uneducated about the situation at hand. People who feel he betrayed them becuase he went to another team.

Does that make more sense? I should have explained what I was meaning better.
    True. I hate when people don't know sports and act like they do.. But you know, I found facts and figures shut them up real quick.
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    One day we will have muscle cars again....
    -Jimmy E.

I personally will never support him again period! He turned his backs on us, no loyalty towards Brewer fans, I have none for him.....Joe Bu says F you Prince Fielder.
    03 Terminator Vert
    06 TL

Quote Originally Posted by JC70SS View Post
    I personally will never support him again period! He turned his backs on us, no loyalty towards Brewer fans, I have none for him.....Joe Bu says F you Prince Fielder.
    I think the brewers turned there backs on Fielder. It was well known that once he started asking for around 10 yrs and $200+ mil. that the brewers weren't gonna resign him. Hell their GM even came out and publically stated they couldn't afford him. Fielder was a great power hitter and deserved the money he got, why the brewers didn't think so I have no idea.

As a cubs fan though I love it. Now Fielder and Pujols are out of the NL all together. Only have to worry about them for a few games/year max.
    Chicago is what you would get if Milwaukee had sex with it's sister. Said by a co-worker of mine arguing w/ somebody on how Milwaukee is better then Chicago.

Oh the Brewers knew he was worth X dollars, but his greed was to much. If you or I won $4 million we would be beyond ourselves. Now the Brewers offered 5 yrs $100 mil. What the fuck can a person do with $100 mil to begin with? Not to mention he mad 15 mil in 2011. He just doesn't give a flying F*** about Brewers fans. Braun signed for far less than I believe his market value was at the time. He is a team player and truly loves the organization, city and fans.
    03 Terminator Vert
    06 TL

Nice hair in the press conference, trying to look the part of that crap hole city already I see.

I don't have any ill will towards him. It's similar to when CC left, probably a better comparable than Molitor. Guy is going to get much more than the Brewers can afford, why the hell would he stay? The Brewers last offer was 5 years 100 million, he got 9 for 214...that's not greed, it's common sense. There are times when both sides know it's not going to work out, it's a business. Brewers can't afford that and I'm glad they didn't feel like splurging. In 5-6 years that contract will probably look really bad for the Tigers. I'm rooting for them in the meantime, better than the Red Sox/Yankees/Angels and even Rangers winning it, IMO.

Braun signed his first extension when had no leverage, it was a guaranteed 40 million or so (give or take) for a player with not even one year of experience. The most he would of earned through this first deal isn't a ton more than he got. Then the Brewers dished out the extension which still might look stupid before it's over. I love Braun and glad he's locked up but the circumstances are so much different. I will agree Braun seems more committed to the team and Fielder was waiting for his big payday, but it's hardly enough for me to get mad at him for. If the Brewers offer to Fielder was comparable I'd be upset but it's not even close.
    Last edited by PB86MCSS; 01-28-2012 at 11:05 AM.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

Quote Originally Posted by JC70SS View Post
    Oh the Brewers knew he was worth X dollars, but his greed was to much. If you or I won $4 million we would be beyond ourselves. Now the Brewers offered 5 yrs $100 mil. What the fuck can a person do with $100 mil to begin with? Not to mention he mad 15 mil in 2011. He just doesn't give a flying F*** about Brewers fans. Braun signed for far less than I believe his market value was at the time. He is a team player and truly loves the organization, city and fans.
    So your telling me that getting offered TWICE as much from another team is greed?? I don't think so. It's not like he wasn't up front with what he wanted. Boras came out and said we want 10 years/$200+ mil. When that came out the brewers pretty much said they can't afford that.
    Chicago is what you would get if Milwaukee had sex with it's sister. Said by a co-worker of mine arguing w/ somebody on how Milwaukee is better then Chicago.