Anyone who is bitter towards Fielder for making a decision to make more money and make sure his family is set and his kids kids set too is entitled to have that opinion. I understand some people believe that a most atheletes now a days have no dedication to their team but remember that it is a business. It makes zero sense to be angry at the guy for going to another team to make more money and to continue to do what he loves to do, play baseball.

Also like stated above, he was looking for a longer contract. The Brewers only offered him 5 years. He wanted more. I cant blame him for wanting more. Everything that he wanted he got. I believe he wanted the longer contract because he knows that eventually his weight will catch up to him. This way he is safe and will be guarnteed a job for the next 9 years barring a career ending injury. Then after the 9 is up he may turn in to another Matt Stairs or David Ortiz etc and become a DH unless he already is by that point. I believe that Detroit and their fans will regret winning the Fielder sweepstakes in the years to come. Only time will tell.

Milwaukee will still be a awesome without Prince. Before Antinasio took over the Brewers payroll was around 42-45 million back in 2004-05? Now it is slightly above the 100 million mark. He has brought this team back from the dead and I believe they will only get better. I can't wait to see Rameriez play third and move Hart to first, then the new Japaneese fella in right. It think it is going to be another great baseball season in the brew city!