So my transmission has started doing something... odd.... it started maybe two weeks ago while I was driving back home from work. Doing 70 trans in 4th with torque converter locked ~2200 rpm when bang converter unlocks and rpm jumps up to ~2800-3000....then converter stays unlocked while driving....I got off the freeway and checked and it shifts thru all 4 gears but doesn't lock up the converter. The shifts become harsh when this happens, but it goes away if I pull over, shut the truck off, wait a little bit, restart the truck and get back along my way.

It seems to do it under load (whether a hill or stiff wind) with low throttle input. I pulled codes and P0894 comes up which is a transmission slip code as far as I can tell.

It seems to be getting more frequent...it went from once every few days to now where it did it 3 times in my 70 mile drive to work, albeit driving into this awful gusty wind.

Is this a control logic problem? a torque converter problem? Any of the GM techs know of a problem?

2005 Chevy Colorado 2.8l auto 4x4 just rolled 140k miles

Thanks,

Patrick