Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Only a few teams have a huge need for QB, some others have young guys they likely will want to give an extended look (Jax, Tennessee, Minnesota) before signing a guy who's looked good after two starts. Granted, he's looked really good, but he has the Packers offense to work with .

I was looking forward to seeing Harrell play but man, what a game to see. Made it easier to watch in a way because it really didn't matter on the outcome.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think Flynn has a good chance to go to Seattle...Jackson was solid, but certainly not spectacular. Might he go to Denver???

That said, I still wonder if Flynn's truly a starter in the league. He played well, but wow, can you tell a difference b/w him and Stafford, much less Rodgers. Flynn is no Tommy Maddox...more like a Frank Reich. Where he seems most off-putting is when he throws...it's a bizarre, compacted throw that almost looks like he's pushing the ball rather than the classic qb throw...though this does keep his delivery shorter and makes it harder for a DB to intercept a well placed ball. Though I think the chances are better that he'll end up like Cassell (Brady's back-up, now at KC); a solid starter for any team that manages games well...sometimes very well as we saw, but won't make any team an automatic contender just by being there.

Couldn't believe how many people were calling for bringing 3rd stringer Graham Harrell to come in during the third quarter....just to protect flynn. As well, many were calling for them to sit Nelson too...

Anyone know why Randall Cobb was inactive?
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Tim Tebow will be holding Matt Flynn's clipboard next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant View Post
    Anyone know why Randall Cobb was inactive?
    Groin, precautionary...

I think he'll play it safe. Why risk the chance becoming a flop on some other team after only a few starts? Obviously he's learning from Rodgers, just like Rodgers did from Farve, even if they didn't like each other, its obvious Rodgers did what any good protege should do, take what you learn and make it better and unique in your own right, make your own legacy. Flynn is not quite there yet, so if he's smart, he'd just wait a couple more years, chance a few more rings, some more amazing experience, and then think abroad.
    Last edited by GHOSST; 01-02-2012 at 11:25 AM.
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    One day we will have muscle cars again....
    -Jimmy E.

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSST View Post
    I think he'll play it safe. Why risk the chance becoming a flop on some other team after only a few starts? Obviously he's learning from Rodgers, just like Rodgers did from Farve, even if they didn't like each other, its obvious Rodgers did what any good protege should do, take what you learn and make it better and unique in your own right, make your own legacy. Flynn is not quite there yet, so if he's smart, he'd just wait a couple more years, chance a few more rings, some more amazing experience, and then think abroad.
    This is true but his agent will talk him into taking a huge pay increase and will go somewhere else. Flynns voicemail was prolly full last night!

2005 Roush Sport, 2009 F-150 PLATINUM SCREW
    You can get your Ford in any color you want, as long as it's black.

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSST View Post
    Thats kind of what I was thinking. With his two starts (granted one was a loss) he should just take a pretty good raise from the pack and stay put. Most of the teams that really need a QB either already drafted a young guy (think st. louis, minn etc) or sucked so much this year they will be able to draft a decent qb (got guys like Luck, Weeden, possibly Landy Jones from OU, and RG3 has alreayd announced he's going pro).

I also think that the sample size for him is too small for many teams to get a good feel for how much he's really worth. I mean he almost beat NE last year, and beat Det. this year in a game where granted he was playing mostly with GB 2nd string, there was no pressure to win the game. It was go out there and have fun kid. This packers are really the only team that know how much he's really worth.
    Chicago is what you would get if Milwaukee had sex with it's sister. Said by a co-worker of mine arguing w/ somebody on how Milwaukee is better then Chicago.

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    See the thing is the packers.have Finley to deal with next year. Many have said we'll have to decide between Flynn or Finley. . Also the money I'm sure teams are offering will be to hard to pass up. Shit he was being looked at as potential trade bait at the beggining of the season.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by GTSLOW View Post
    See the thing is the packers.have Finley to deal with next year. Many have said we'll have to decide between Flynn or Finley. . Also the money I'm sure teams are offering will be to hard to pass up. Shit he was being looked at as potential trade bait at the beggining of the season.
    The only reason I say we need to bring back Finley is b/c Driver is prob. done after this year. Other wise I'd say let his ass go. He's inconsistant and very very full of himself.
    Chicago is what you would get if Milwaukee had sex with it's sister. Said by a co-worker of mine arguing w/ somebody on how Milwaukee is better then Chicago.

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    I dunno I've always thought he played well. IMO he's came up big at many times throughout the past year and last year as well. Always seemed like he was ole reliable when it came to 3rd and long. However the last few games it seems he's been off. I think they'll let Flynn go and franchise Finley for a year.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by GTSLOW View Post
    I dunno I've always thought he played well. IMO he's came up big at many times throughout the past year and last year as well. Always seemed like he was ole reliable when it came to 3rd and long. However the last few games it seems he's been off. I think they'll let Flynn go and franchise Finley for a year.
    Honestly, I think they are done with Finley. McCarthy isnt too happy with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    stew - continuing confirmation of the hypothesis that marbles aren't sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Jim you build... break... and rebuild cars faster than I can put one together.